Job ID: 471340
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
Primarily responsible for operating product palletizing machinery, ensuring quality control, and sorting product into layering patterns entering cubing machinery. Other key elements of the position are diagnosing problems with the machine, raking and shoveling debris throughout shift, and cleaning mixer and hoppers at shift end.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize and wear required Personnel Protective Equipment and follow all safety regulations at all times
- Report any unsafe conditions or defective equipment to the supervisor immediately
- Observe machine operation to detect packaging issues, packaged product quality issues, and machine malfunction
- Work closely with the lead operator and become knowledgeable of the mechanics and operation of the machine of responsibility and ones that you may assist with
- Review product for inconsistencies or abnormal appearance assuring product meets the company's quality requirements Assist in routine machine maintenance
- May be asked to occasionally operate a variety of hand tools
Laborer / cubing function
- Expected to perform highly repetitive task of forming product layers, while constantly standing
- Sort concrete products on conveyor into patterns and then feed those products into the stacking machinery
- Will be asked to discard, sometimes heavy, product of questionable quality, while performing quality assurance function
- Rake and shovel debris around machinery and under conveyors, maintain the surrounding area, and keep equipment free from debris during down time
- Clean floors and pick up reusable scrap for salvage
- Clean mixer and hoppers at the end of the production shift
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.Requirements / Education / Experience
- High school diploma / equivalent, or a comparable combination of education, training and experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Maintain a high level of accuracy in all aspects of work assignments
- Must be able to demonstrate lock out tag out procedures
- Must keep key lock with self at all times
- Ability to think problems through and narrow down root causes of breakdowns or machine issues
- Mechanically inclined with the ability to turn a wrench and replace broken or worn parts
What CRH Offers You
- While performing the duties of this job the employee will be required to frequently stand on their feet for extended periods of time
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Oct 25, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Asheville Job Segment:
Quality Assurance, Laborer, Equipment Operator, Labor, Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations
This job has expired.