Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Position Summary: Responsible for delivering a high volume of corrections for dates of birth, gender and other demographics on accessions delivered by the Accounts receivable department in a timely manner along with triaging issues for root cause. Responsible for communicating with physician offices on a daily basis for confirmation of dates of birth, gender or other demographics that impact reference ranges. Requires documentation of actions taken in the proper format in the proper section of the accession. Requires completing paperwork for changes to reference ranges. Requires ability to multi-task in a high stress environment. Provides accurate and timely information to supporting CPL departments, Sonic Accounts Receivable department, clients and the customer service department. Adheres to departmental policies and procedures. Able to handle additional delegated work by the leadership team such as helping referral support with pending checks or other clerical duties as assigned or performing changes to reports that impact reference ranges. Ability to perform add-ons for transfer of results.
- Utilizes clinical resources and customer service skills to effectively and efficiently triage situations which could impact patient care
- Utilizes resources to triage concerns that require calling doctor's offices, CPL regional offices, or Patient Service Centers.
- Follows clinical procedures for reporting accurate information.
- Ability to accurately complete the necessary paperwork for appropriate action.
- Ability to accurately and completely document actions on accession numbers
- Follows up with clients to help triage problems that have surfaced due to discrepancies with paperwork received from the client.
- Ability to positively meet the needs of CPL clients through professional communication.
- Ability to quickly recognize accessions which require changes to reference ranges and perform necessary paperwork.
- Ability to sort through a large volume of accessions from the Accounts receivable department via Outlook email.
- Utilizes resources for working the corrections to accessions to effectively and efficiently handle complex issues.
- Follows procedures for troubleshooting ambiguous dates of birth, gender or other demographics and documents actions performed in the appropriate format and section of the accession.
- Ability to accurately complete the necessary paperwork for appropriate action by customer service and/or problem resolution
- Understands and operates computer resources proficiently to include the requisition archive system.
- Ability to positively meet the needs of clients through professional communication
- Utilizes job knowledge, judgment, and problem solving skills to ensure quality and fast turnaround time on corrections to include reference range changes.
- Follows established policies and procedures for documentation and resending reports.
- Follows established policies for Change after Release of results.
- Identifies problems which may adversely affect the process or customer service and takes appropriate action, including supervisor notification.
- Understands and follows all CPL and department policies.
- Understands and follows all HIPAA guidelines.
- Participates in departmental Customer Service Meetings.
- Follows Compliance procedures and participates in Compliance training.
- Effectively utilizes departmental resources
- Demonstrates efficiency by handling Outlook emails promptly and determining priority based on the situation by using resources available.
- Utilizes appropriate supplies with minimal waste.
- Demonstrates efficiency in written and oral communication with customer service or other supporting departments.
- Utilizes slow times constructively.
- Ability to work with copy machine, fax machines, printers, and other equipment.
- Demonstrates efficiency of the computer to include current software products, Microsoft Word and Excel Spreadsheet.
- Utilizes personal and professional skills to promote excellent customer service and a positive work environment.
- Communicates with CPL staff and its customers to ensure quality.
- Maintains and supports a service oriented relationship with internal and external customers.
- Respects and protects the confidentiality of information relative to patients and clients.
- Strives to preserve a positive work environment.
Promotes quality client/patient relations and creates a supportive climate by serving as a role model for other employees. Respects and maintains the confidentiality of laboratory and financial information. Practices and adheres to all company and department policies and regulations.
This role will have routine access to Protected Health Information (PHI). Employees will be trained on reasonable safeguards and are expected to maintain strict confidentiality, as well as abide by all applicable privacy and security standards. Employees are expected only to access PHI when it is required to fulfill job duties.Education:
Minimum - High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
Preferred - Associates degree or Medical Assistant trainingExperience:
Minimum - 1 year clerical experience or customer service experience.
Preferred - 2 years or more of Customer Service experience and/or Medical experience.Skills:
Excellent customer service and communication skills. Analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to cope with varied levels of workload and multiple tasks. Ability to adapt to changing work environment. Able to type at least 35 wpm.Reporting Relationships:
Reports to the Customer Service Supervisor, Assistant Supervisor or other designated person.Physical Demands:
Requires sitting or standing for long periods of time in a small cubicle. Requires manipulation of tools, objects, and equipment using the following physical motions: pushing, pulling, lifting, reaching above shoulder height, grasping with one hand or both, extensive typing, twisting and reaching. Routinely requires coordination of two or more physical operations. Requires ability to hear audible sounds via headset or telephone handset.Environmental Demands:
Works in a temperature controlled environment. Works in a small, noisy environment. May be required to operate fire and safety equipment or follow other safety procedures in an emergency situation. May be required to work with time constraints and crisis situations.Scheduled Weekly Hours:
1st Shift (United States of America)Company:
Clinical Pathology Laboratories, Inc.
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.