Customer Strategy & Experience Practice Leader
At Slalom, we take a holistic and modern approach to business transformation, considering everything from company culture to customer experience. Wherever our clients are on their journey, we help scale their investments, empower innovation, and build agility for the future. Our teams focus on high-impact projects and meeting our clients where they are to uncover business needs and deliver results around all aspects of people, process and transformation. Leaders have the unique opportunity to set the strategic direction of this work by breaking down complexities, defining measurable milestones, and moving quickly to execute, learn, and iterate. Senior Leaders at Slalom play a large part in delivering solutions, leading/coaching teams and expanding Slalom's footprint through sales, for local and global clients, all near home in New York City.
Now more than ever, customers have higher expectations - more choices, information, and empowerment. The idea of putting customers first by focusing on Customer Strategy (CS), and associated Customer Experience (CX) has become a foundational part of almost every company's playbook, regardless of industry. That's because companies know the stakes are high. If they get the customer experience wrong, they're at risk of losing customers. For those who get it right, the upside potential is huge.
Slalom NYC is seeking a leader to drive the growth and success of the Customer Strategy & Experience capability working in conjunction with our existing Strategy & Operations and Experience Design capabilities. This role offers a unique opportunity to own the growth of NYC's Customer Strategy & Experience capability, from developing the team's strategy, re-designing core capabilities, driving business development, managing key client relationships and overseeing delivery of projects.
What You'll Do
What You'll Bring
Thought Leadership: Provide differentiated perspectives on topics such as Customer Research & Insights, Customer Experience, Omnichannel Strategy, Customer Data Strategy, Marketing, Sales, and Service Transformation, serving as a subject matter expert and evangelist
Practice Building: Establish Customer Strategy & Experience practice direction, strategy, and goals. Identify opportunities for growth/maturation of offerings and set the direction for that growth. Advance Customer Strategy & Experience as a discipline and practice, building and pulling in state-of-the-art methods from external and internal expertise.
Business Development: Maintain a productive network of relationships within New York City, including at the C-suite level, lead business development activities, and expand relationships and opportunities at existing Slalom accounts. Lead pursuit activities, solution development, negotiations, and contracting on relevant projects and develop these skills in others.
Engagement Management: Oversee Customer Experience & Strategy engagements- from planning and executing related research to synthesizing inputs and building phased roadmaps
- Manage engagement risk, project economics including planning and budgeting, managing accounts receivable, defining deliverable content, and ensuring buy-in of proposed solutions from top management at the client
Team & Personal Development: Maximize team performance through an effective team approach that increases productivity and job satisfaction
- Enrich Slalom's culture and exemplify our core values on a day-to-day basis
- Customer Strategy & Experience domain leadership and expertise, content and offer development, practice leadership and involvement and business/account development
- 10+ years of experience in customer strategy, customer experience, omnichannel experience strategy, customer data strategy, marketing and sales strategy, customer experience transformation, CRM and loyalty, and customer service transformation
- Experienced in key customer strategy and experience tools and methodologies, such as service design blueprinting
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for partnering with other Slalom data & technology capabilities that enable customer strategy and marketing transformation, across the MarTech stack - data, decision, and delivery layers (CDP/MDM, loyalty/personalization, CRM/Salesforce/contact center) and other relevant and emerging tech related to analytics and automation
- Experience with an established management consulting firm and/or digital marketing services or Customer Experience provider
- Demonstrated successful delivery of Customer Transformation / digital projects across multiple clients. Exposure to one or more of Financial Services, Media & Entertainment, or Consumer Product and Retail sectors is highly-preferred
- Excellent relationship-building, negotiation, conflict management, problem solving and decision-making skills
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In over 40 markets around the world, Slalom'steams have autonomy to move fast and do what's right. They are backed byregional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world's top technology providers. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 12,000 employees. Slalom has been named one of Fortune's 100 "Best Companies to Work For" five years running and is regularly recognized byemployees as a best place to work. Learn more at slalom.com.
Slalom prides itself on helping team members thrive in their work and life. As a result, Slalom is proud it invest in benefits that include: meaningful time off and paid holidays parental leave, 401(k) with a match, a range of choices for highly subsidized health, dental, & vision coverage, adoption and fertility assistance, and short/long-term disability. We also offer additional benefits such as a yearly $350 reimbursement account for any well-being related expenses as well as discounted home, auto, and pet insurance.
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.