Provide Cyber and Data Breach claim consulting and advocacy to MMA clients at a national level. Serve as MMA's top Cyber claim representative to clients, insurers, vendors, and Marsh Cyber team. Work with insurers to improve Cyber claim processes, outcomes and communication. Responsibilities include assisting colleagues in Production, Service and Claims with all things related to Cyber and Data Breach claims advocacy services, identifying MMA differentiators and documenting activity. Duties include training, acting as an educational resource, public speaking, assisting with business development, partnering with key stakeholders to develop best client outcomes and claims processes.
Essential Functions - All related to Cyber / Data Breach claims
PERFORM CLAIMS CONSULTATIONS FOR MMA CLIENTS:
- Personally managed large claims, complex claims, or key client claims
- Support in an advisory capacity MMA Regional claim colleague lesser profile claims.
- Respond to customer questions and concerns on complex first- and third-party cyber claims issues
- Act as a liaison and client advocate to our carrier partners
- Provide guidance and review complex escalated claims/cyber events. Perform special claim coverage research as needed
- Manage complex negotiations and influence insurers and their vendors to ensure that Claims engagements with clients and insurers result in favorable client (and departmental) outcomes
- Develop claim communication understanding so that stakeholders are informed and current
- Able to speak with all constituents at their level - lawyers, technology professionals, insurer representatives, executives
- Understand and explain claims cost analysis, coverage features, vendor roles for claim decisions.
MAINTAIN RELATIONSHIPS WITH KEY STAKEHOLDERS IN ORDER TO IMPROVE PROCESSES AND OUTOMES
- Liaise with clients and third parties, such as breach counsel and forensic firms, as necessary to resolve complex cyber incident related issues with insurers.
- Active participant with various groups to exchange knowledge and thought leadership:
- Groups include - MMA's Regional and National Claims teams; Marsh Cyber COE; MMA Cyber COE; MMA Marketing and Sales leadership
- Identify MMA Regional claim advocates with Cyber capabilities and establish a support, consultation and backup network
- Work with them to develop and continually update Cyber Claim advocacy best practices
- Support them with information sharing and relationships with insurers and Marsh cyber team
- Communicate and build relationships with key legal partners to our client base to maintain high level of trust and communication
- Communicate with insurance carriers to develop special handling instructions for clients. Work with carrier to achieve best communication between all parties
SERVE AS INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL SENIOR AUTHORITY ON CYBER, DATA BREACH CLAIMS:
- Participate in large revenue prospect and client calls/meetings as required. Support new business efforts by participating in sales presentations and RFPs
- Provide Cyber Claims Management expertise to producers on client specific issues, meeting directly with the client in support of the producer when needed
- Provide support to on marketing efforts, policy wording and trending discussions.
- Provide direct customer service to the client on accounts where it is required
- Participate in speaking engagements, webinars, and other opportunities to improve MMA Cyber technical brand awareness
- Prepare white papers and newsletters concerning recent developments in the law and insurance marketplace
- Serve as MMA lead Cyber Claim representative to Marsh Cyber Practice
- Work very closely with MMA National Cyber COE leader
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILTIES NECESSARY TO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE ROLE.
- Keep abreast of developments impacting Cyber claims in a variety of areas: data breach trends, regulatory changes, coverage innovations and claim handling trends
- Provide feedback and reporting as may be helpful to stakeholders on MMA Cyber claim trends
- Track claim and breach response examples for internal and external education and business development utilization
- Establish connections within Marsh and insurers and vendors to assist with coordinating international breach responses
- Any other duties that may be assigned
- Substantial claims experience including strong knowledge of insurance carrier claims services is a requirement
- Bachelor's degree in related field required, law degree preferred. J.D., AIC, ARM, CIC or CRM, equivalent preferred. Property & Casualty License or willingness to obtain required.
- Must have strong technical knowledge of Cyber lines of coverage, contractual policy language requirements, Information Technology systems and architecture
- Must be accessible outside of normal business hours for urgent issues
- Demonstrated ability to work at a varying pace, managing multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously, adjusting priorities often, and managing frequent interruptions.
- Must be detailed with good interpersonal skills and high sense of urgency.
- Strong analytical, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to effectively build and maintain strong working relationships with clients, regional colleagues and peers.
- Requires ability to influence others to accept practices and approaches, and ability to communicate and influence executive leadership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication at all levels
- Proficiency in MS office applications required as is the ability to work remotely and learn computer systems and applications rapidly
- 15% - 30% travel may be required. Travel includes overnight trips, air travel
Work Environment and Physical Demands
These job tasks are representative of those required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made as appropriate to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Sit for long periods of time, stand, walk, move about the facility, bend, stoop, and climb stairs; demonstrate sufficient hand, arm and finger dexterity to operate computer keyboard and other office equipment; reach above shoulder height, below the waist, and lift to file documents or store materials; lift and move up to 25 pounds; speak and hear sufficiently to communicate in person and over the phone; read words and numbers; maintain visual ability including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and to adjust focus; work overtime as required; meet expectations for attendance and punctuality; able to pay attention to details; able to concentrate; interact professionally, cooperatively and productively; perform in a manner that prevents errors and omissions; tolerate a constant, moderate noise level; work independently; carry out assignments to completion within parameters of general instructions, prescribed routines and standard practices; tolerate high levels of stress and a stressful work environment; meet multiple deadlines consistently.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers.
This job has expired.