Who You'll Work With
Slalom Emerge is a team of trailblazers helping ensure we achieve our strategic goals of investing for the future and pursuing innovation as a competitive advantage. We empower our local markets by identifying emerging capabilities, building multi-disciplinary teams, and providing access to niche and hyper-specialized expertise.
What You'll Do
• Help clients modernize their data platforms, with a specific focus on Snowflake
• Work with various stakeholders, understand requirements and build solutions that address the needs at scale
• Bring key workloads to the clients' Snowflake environment using scalable, reusable data ingestion and processing frameworks to transform a variety of datasets
• Apply best practices for Snowflake architecture, ELT and data models
• Travel up to 30-40% (regional)
What You'll Bring
• A passion for all things data; understanding how to work with it at scale, and more importantly, knowing how to get the most out of it.
• Good understanding of native Snowflake capabilities like data ingestion, data sharing, zero-copy cloning, tasks, Snowpipe etc.
• Expertise in data modeling, with a good understanding of modeling approaches like Star schema and/or Data Vault
• Experience in automating deployments
• Experience writing code in Python, Scala or Java
• Experience in ETL/ELT either via a code-first approach or using low-code tools like Informatica, Talend, Matillion etc.
• Experience in one or more of the major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure) , especially in relation to integration with Snowflake
• Familiarity with data visualization tools like Tableau or PowerBI
• Experience with Data Virtualization tools like Trino, Starburst, Denodo, Data Virtuality
• Certified SnowPro Advanced: Data Engineer
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In 39 markets around the world, Slalom'steams have autonomy to move fast and do what's right. They are backed byregional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world's top technology providers. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 8,000 employees. Slalom has been named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For five years running and is regularly recognized byemployees as a best place to work. Learn more at slalom.com.
Slalom prides itself on helping team members thrive in their work and life. As a result, Slalom is proud it invest in benefits that include: meaningful time off and paid holidays, parental leave, 401(k) with a match, a range of choices for highly subsidized health, dental, & vision coverage, adoption and fertility assistance, and short/long-term disability. We also offer additional benefits such as a yearly $350 reimbursement account for any well-being related expenses as well as discounted home, auto, and pet insurance.
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!