Location Preference: Charlottesville, VA; Raleigh, NC; Arlington, VA
Data Driven. People Centered.
Elder Research Inc. (ERI) is a Data Science consulting firm specialized in providing analytic solutions to hundreds of companies across numerous industries. We are looking for bright, creative team members with diverse backgrounds who enjoy solving real world problems through data science. Credentials and degrees are helpful, experience is very attractive, but the things that are essential are strong character, love of learning, humility to ask questions, and strong team skills. Join us and find great opportunities to hone your analytic skills and work on complex problems with amazing teammates.
Summary of Position:
As a member of the ERI Research and Development (R&D) team, you will partner with our corporate team of accomplished Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Software Engineers, and Analytics Engagement Managers to develop and deliver technical solutions. Your responsibilities will include: consulting with government stakeholders to understand their problem context and strategic goals; exploring data to determine the feasibility and viability of a solution pathway; developing new and advanced models using Machine Learning and other algorithmic methods; reviewing SBIR/STTR and BAA solicitations and preparing proposals to respond to those and other strategic R&D/S&T solicitations with US Federal agencies.
Our R&D mission at ERI is to discover, incubate, and accelerate innovative and validated research into viable technology to solve the most challenging data problems and address real needs. Creative, self motivated, and collaborative Data Scientists who desire to make an impact on the marketplace and society are essential to the success of this mission
- Work on small teams in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment to design, develop, and deliver innovative, technical solutions (from proof-of-concept to deployment scale) using AI/ML and other data-driven algorithmic methods.
- Devise, propose, and lead R&D projects to solve challenging technical problems with clear (though potentially long-term) marketable outcomes.
- Communicate the details of technical results and methods to fellow team members and clients in both technical and non-technical terms.
- Collaborate with CTO, Software Architect, R&D Director, and AEMs to design and/or implement the technical architecture necessary to support transition of R&D products into marketable technology.
- Review SBIR/STTR and BAA solicitations, leverage academic and industry partnerships, scope programs, and assist with writing proposals to secure funding in support of strategic AI/ML technology development.
- Contribute to internal knowledge and capabilities through creating and developing proprietary service accelerators and delivering internal training.
- Travel up to 25% of the time.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree in STEM (or adjacent discipline) + 3-5 years in a technical environment or
- Ph.D. in a STEM field (or adjacent discipline)
- Prior research experience involving one of the following: autonomy (particularly for aerospace applications), biology/health/life sciences, and/or geospatial/earth sciences
- 2+ years’ experience with at least one of the following: R, Python, or Java.
- Publication or conference presentation (preferably peer-reviewed) related to applications of AI or Machine Learning, or in the research fields above
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- To be considered for this position you must be a US Citizen.
- Experience working with a research agency (e.g., NASA, NIH) or defense agency (e.g., NGA, Air Force) preferred.
- Prior experience with SBIR/STTR program at aforementioned (or other) agencies.
- Past work experience at a National Laboratory, consulting firm, or startup/entrepreneurial endeavor.
- While this position does not require a security clearance, the ability to obtain one is a plus.
Elder Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This job has expired.