Moderna's Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (DSAI) team is seeking a motivated data scientist with experience using advanced analytics and/or natural language processing to address problems in regulatory affairs and regulatory information management. We envision this data scientist as playing a key role in scaling up regulatory processes to meet the demands of Moderna's rapidly growing portfolio of therapeutics.
The individual in this role will work together with stakeholders to expand the capabilities of novel existing natural language processing solutions and construct new solutions for document understanding and information extraction. The successful candidate is someone who loves to learn, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and cares deeply about delivering on the promise of mRNA medicines for patients.
Here's What You'll Do:
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Support regulatory affairs and regulatory information management stakeholders by providing results via exploratory data analysis, data visualization, statistics, and machine learning.
- Monitor and maintain existing natural language processing solutions.
- Implement new features for existing solutions as well as entirely new solutions using advanced natural language processing and robotic process engineering methods.
- Keep up to date with the latest state-of-the-art natural language processing and other advanced analysis methods and identify opportunities to use them to solve problems in regulatory affairs.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with regulatory affairs and regulatory information management stakeholders.
- Collaborate extensively with other data scientists, software engineers, digital strategy partners, and various other business teams.
- Effectively communicate complex methods and results to internal and external audiences.
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- Ph.D. or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Engineering, Statistics or related data-intensive discipline plus relevant experience (0-2 years for Ph.D. or 4-6+ for Master's).
- Experience working with structured data (e.g. tables) and unstructured data (e.g. free text, document images).
- Fluency in Python, especially the data scientific stack (Jupyter/Pandas/scikit-learn).
- Experience with Python deep learning frameworks, especially Pytorch.
- Experience with natural language processing tools (Hugging Face/spaCy/NLTK) strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with best practices in software development, including Amazon Web Services, Docker, version control (Git), and documentation.
- Working knowledge of relational databases (e.g., PostgreSQL).
- Ability to manage multiple projects and effectively collaborate in a dynamic, cross-functional environment.
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary year-end shutdown
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Candidates should be aware that Moderna currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster shot once eligible. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated and boosted prior to their employment start date. Moderna is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated or receive a booster where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.About Moderna
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.