The DEA Compliance Manager will be responsible for providing support and assist in the development, implementation, and organization of the companies Controlled Substance Program based on current DEA and State Regulations of controlled substances. This position is located at our Decatur, Illinois facility.
- ARCOS reporting.
- Coordination of controlled drugs destructions in accordance with DEA regulations.
- Manage biennial and yearend inventories.
- Maintain DEA related SOPs.
- Provide support to the suspicious order monitoring program.
- Implement, manage and maintain all companywide DEA compliance.
- Review cGMP documentation related to controlled substances.
- Monitor the use of DEA222 order forms for compliance with DEA requirements.
- Ensure proper security controls are in place for shipping and receiving controlled drugs.
- Oversee the applications (DEA250) for procurement quota.
- Manage controlled substance inventory and monitor all associated activities.
- Monitor all licensing requirements regarding the handling of controlled material
- High School diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree highly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of pharmaceutical experience and working knowledge of DEA Regulations.
- Strong computer skills, ideally with experience using Windows-based PC programs.
- Strong familiarity with FDA, DEA and cGMPs.
- Ability to coordinate multiple group efforts within the company to achieve objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to identify processes needing improvement, and to recommend improvements.
Akorn, Inc. is a niche pharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures and markets generic and branded prescription pharmaceuticals as well as animal and consumer health products. We specialize in difficult-to-manufacture sterile and non-sterile dosage forms including: ophthalmics, injectables, oral liquids, topicals, inhalants, and nasal sprays. Akorn markets its products to retail pharmacies, ophthalmologists, optometrists, physicians, veterinarians, hospitals, clinics, wholesalers, distributors, group purchasing organizations, and government agencies.EEO Statement
Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
This job has expired.