Expected Travel: Up to 10%
Requisition ID: 5254
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
US COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
Teleflex is focused on the health and safety of our employees, their families, and our customers. Teleflex will comply with US government regulations regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirements for US workers. To ensure we are prepared for all applicable vaccination requirements, Teleflex is currently collecting vaccination status and accommodation requests from our US based employees.
Employees and new hires in sales or field-based roles that require vendor credentials to access medical facilities as an essential function of the job, may be required to obtain the COVID-19 vaccination based on customers/site requirement. This requirement is independent of Teleflex policy or any applicable US governmental regulations.
Interventional - The Interventional business unit at Teleflex offers innovative medical devices that are used to diagnose and treat coronary and peripheral vascular diseases. We place a strategic emphasis on complex coronary and peripheral interventions, vascular access, bone access, specialty biologic treatments and cardiac assist. Our current Interventional products include a broad range of clinically relevant solutions, such as our GuideLiner® and Turnpike® Catheters, AC3 Optimus™ Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump and OnControl® Powered Bone Access System. With a strong R&D footprint and pipeline, our fast-growing Interventional business unit is poised to continue the development of new technologies to serve critically ill patients for years to come. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
• Work in concert with R&D leaders across Design Development, Product Development, Process Development, Project Services, and Sustaining Engineering to
o implement vision, culture, and development focus areas for their team
o develop product and technology strategies - and guide the implementation of them - to maintain viable product portfolios that safeguard our reputation as the interventionalist's partner in pioneering category-defining innovations while ensuring inclusion of feature, process, and technology improvements that address unmet needs and improve customer satisfaction and patient outcomes
o strengthen design rigor, empower, drive accountability, and increase engagement
• Provide leadership and guidance for non-routine problems requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and adaptation of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
• Lead team to achieve stated strategic plan goals, annual operating plan goals, and functional goals.
• Continuously review functional team and project team progress and evaluate results accordingly.
• Operate with latitude and freedom to act and understand when external communication is warranted.
• Oversee multiple projects while providing supervision and guidance to technical personnel.
• Works to create a culture emphasizing safety and exemplifying Teleflex Core Values and culture
• Work with internal departments to obtain necessary resources, resolve inter-departmental issues, and contribute towards organizational objectives.
• Manage team resources to assure that appropriate resources are identified and prioritized; includes resolving resource conflicts.
• Determine team priorities to assure meeting of agreed upon commitments per organizational strategy.
• Conduct team meetings as required to resolve issues, determine current status, provide information, and assign work.
• Mentor and train technical personnel (engineers) to meet expectations of their job descriptions and to develop them technically and professionally.
• Ensure adequate communication between engineers, technicians, and other departments.
• Maintain open communication with employees to ensure understanding of their needs.
• Manage the selection, compensation, appraisal, feedback, training, and development processes within team to ensure optimum attraction, motivation, and retention of employees.
• Set goals and objectives for team and employees, provide direct feedback and appraisals
• Ensure company policies and procedures are followed taking timely corrective action with the help of HR when necessary
• Ensure the content, thoroughness and quality of the work generated by the department.
• Provide leadership in improving engineering processes.
• Provide reports and presentations to management as required.
• Provide written documentation regarding unusual problems and solutions.
• May manage the creation, documentation and processing of patents sourced from the department.
• May lead special teams or projects.
• Participate in Document Change Order approval process.
• Assure that projects are conducted according to corporate guidelines and Quality Management System requirements.
• Responsible for maintaining compliance to industry standards
• Identify, propose, pursue, and implement continuous improvement opportunities which align with business objectives
• Improve design for reliability and manufacturability
Education / Experience Requirements
• Bachelors Degree in an applicable field required.
• Eight years of relevant experience required.
• Expertise in design control and new product development.
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES cont.:
• Create, manage, evaluate, and operate within project and department operating and capital budgets.
• Actively participate in department strategic and budgetary planning
• Plan organizational resources and budget to support business initiatives
• Research new technologies in collaboration with other R&D leaders.
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
• Manage a team of R&D Design and Development engineers across the Coronary, Peripheral, Structural Heart, and Heart Failure franchises.
• Ensure the health and vitality of our new product development to meet the needs of the Teleflex Interventional by:
o partnering with Product Development by
• contributing to organic product-focused ideation, innovation, and feasibility activities
• transitioning projects from the bullpen into new product development activities
• minimizing project uncertainty as early as feasible by clearly defining scope and product requirements, and aligning program timing with design capability to best fit within the product portfolio
o partnering with Process Development to develop product designs that are reliable and manufacturable
o partnering with design assurance to insure
• product safety through characterization, verification, and design validation testing
• product and project risk are understood, documented, and communicated
• design control deliverables are executed and documented appropriately
o working with Sustaining Engineering to transfer design knowledge and commercial support ownership as products enter the market
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate, mentor, and grow engineering talent.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, familiarity with statistical techniques, experience with scientific methods and Design of Experiments.
• Ability to understand and resolve complex technical and business system issues.
• Expertise in project technical leadership with the ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously.
• Proficiency in MS Office applications, strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to read and understand technical drawings, product requirements and specification documents.
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® - trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose. Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021 Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Long Beach, California
Posted about 5 hours ago
North Charleston, South Carolina
Posted about 5 hours ago
Posted about 5 hours ago