Every day, ANDRITZ continues to deliver successful innovative solutions to our customers globally. Why are we so successful? Because we are passionate and love what we do! We are at the forefront of future engineering technologies, with solutions that ensure the success of our clients in key industries that are shaping the future of the world we live in.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Performs machinery design functions related to the processing of customer orders, redesign of Andritz products and product configurations, involving pneumatic, electrical and mechanical technologies. Assists major projects, including field check, design layout, and detailing. Based on product / customer requirements, and as directed by the Engineering Supervisor, conducts design investigations (alternate design approaches, alternative technologies, component redesigns, alternate suppliers, etc.) on assigned projects. Works independently within Andritz design criteria to select and evaluate components, hardware and materials necessary to meet project design requirements.
- Prepares accurate and timely computer based engineering drawings, layouts and graphic representations as required.
- Modifies engineering drawings and updates drawings as required.
- Investigates and executes Engineering Change Requests / Orders.
- Prepares machinery spare parts lists, bills-of-material and operations manuals as required.
- Works directly with the Production Team to ensure their designs are manufactured accurately and in a timely manner. When needed may need to spend time on the production floor to assist in the inspection or assembly of one of their designs.
- Works directly with sales representatives and customers by phone and at customer site to install, troubleshoot and evaluate Andritz products and R&D initiatives.
- Within skill capabilities and availability, performs other duties as assigned to assure the efficient operation of the department and company.
- Complies with all company guidelines, safety program, quality program, rules and regulations.
Approximately 25% travel may be required.Supervision Received:
The Employee carries out the work within controlled guidelines such as objectives, definitions and budget. His/her recommendations are reviewed for soundness of judgment, but are normally accepted as sound. Regular supervision is provided by the ManagerPosition Requirements:
Effort & Working Conditions:
- Bachelor's degree (B.S. engineering discipline) or equivalent; two or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Autocad/Inventor skills are essential
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Working knowledge of Design for Manufacturing
- Computer ability (standard Windows based programs)
- MS Office proficiency required
- Professional image
Working conditions can include production/fabrication facilities and offices.
Normal work environment involves freedom to move about. The physical environment is clean and climate-controlled within an office workstation. May be required to visit the manufacturing floor where noise, dust, heat are present. Sensory attention is required to read reports, answer telephones, sit for long periods of time, attend meetings, etc. High demands in terms of deadlines.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Requisition ID: 7027
This job has expired.