Bay Cove Human Services partners with people to overcome challenges and realize personal potential.
Responsible for supporting operations functions of the Development Department- including, but not limited to, administrative duties, gift processing, acknowledgements, list generation, mail appeals, reporting, special events and other agency fundraising efforts. This is a non-exempt position.
Essential Functions of Position:
Gift Processing & Donor Acknowledgement
- Keep accurate constituent, event, and gift records, with supporting documentation in Bay Cove's Fundraising database
- Reconcile donation records with accounting department on a monthly basis
- Send timely acknowledgement letters for required gifts
- Create Online Express donation forms for specific campaigns
- Produce daily, monthly, and annual reports for the Accounting Department
- Generate mailing lists for communications efforts and fundraising appeals
- Generate analytical reports to guide and assess fundraising activities
- Create and maintain written departmental procedures
- Maintain office organization and supply inventory
- Maintain department calendar
- Schedule meetings as required
- Provide proofreading and editing support as needed
- Manage mail distribution and returned mail
- Provide general administrative support to the Development department
- Assist with special events and other development activities (e.g. creating nametags and mailing lists, updating event guest lists, fulfilling mailings, printing t-shirts/marketing materials, and staffing events)
- Other duties as required
Fundraising and Stewardship
Requirements for the position:
- Provide logistical support for events
- Assist in coordinating the Young Professionals Board
- Coordinate the processing and distribution of in-kind gifts
- Create and/or update pages on Bay Cove website as needed
•Bachelor's degree and at least one year of experience in non-profit fundraising or a related field.
•Must be detail oriented, and proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, and Google Suite.
•Experience with Raiser's Edge fundraising software strongly preferred, and with Squarespace website management a plus.
•A COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the position. One COVID-19 shot is acceptable, contingent on the individual receiving the second shot within the allotted time frame.Personal Characteristics:
• Strong organizational, writing, and communication skills, as well as the ability to work independently, handle multiple projects simultaneously,
and remain flexible to prioritize the department's changing needs.
•Must be able to provide strong customer service to internal stakeholders (agency staff and members of Bay Cove's boards) and external
constituents (donors, prospects, and volunteers).
•Commitment to foster and support agency mission and values, including those regarding diversity, equity and inclusion also required. Physical Requirements
This job has expired.