We are a 140-year-old/9000-person Global Analytics Organization.
Our mission: Elsevier helps researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society.
BASIC FUNCTIONS: This is a role within core technology, providing direction and managing the team effectively in order to ensure all work is done thoroughly and efficiently while ensuring the teams deliver against the strategic objectives of the department. This position is responsible for the day-to-day operational running of the teams, to resource-manage the team, and to ensure that all resources are fully utilized. A proficiency in all aspects of Operations is required. This role requires a degree of flexibility and collaborative working both within Technology and across the business.
- Good fiscal and process management skills.
- Proven resource utilization skills.
- Advanced process management.
- Solid collaboration skills.
- Strong skills in setting, communicating, implementing, and achieving business objectives and goals through the direct management of others.
- Strong organization/project planning, time management, and change management skills across multiple functional groups and departments, and strong delegation skills involving prioritizing and reprioritizing projects and managing projects of various size and complexity.
- Advanced problem-solving experience involving leading teams in identifying, researching, and coordinating the resources necessary to effectively troubleshoot/diagnose complex project issues; prior success extracting/translating findings into alternatives/solutions; and identifying risks/impacts and schedule adjustments to facilitate management decision-making.
- Advanced communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills. Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including senior and executive management, customers, etc., including diction/terminology and presenting information in a concise and effective manner to clients, management, and various departments using assorted communication mediums.
- Provide leadership and drive to ensure that Operations teams consistently meet their objectives.
- Meet regularly with key stakeholders to ensure needs and expectations are being met.
- Complete management responsibilities to include performance management, hiring and coaching of staff, and resource planning.
- Maintain a regular focus on continuous improvement.
- Ensure effective and efficient service delivery to internal customers.
- Ensure efficient and effective project delivery.
- Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensure all staff is provided with training and resources needed to perform their jobs to the most outstanding degree possible. Ensure all staff is provided with frequent feedback and coaching in order to meet and exceed individual and team performance goals consistently.
- Manage and encourage new ideas from staff to foster improvements through innovations.
- Empower the staff to be accountable and responsible for their own actions and decisions.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.