Job ID: 395780
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co., a CRH company, is a member of the CRH West Division family, values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
Whether you're looking for an opportunity to break into the construction industry, or looking for the next step in your career, our team can provide you with a fun and challenging opportunity to grow with an industry leader. In this role, you'll help to repair a variety of construction equipment including trucks, trailers, batch plants, conveyor systems & more! You'll learn the inner workings of each piece of equipment, become an expert at what you do and expand your skillset by working on new equipment each day. We work hard, and we have fun doing it!
If you're someone who likes working with your hands, loves to problem solve and troubleshoot, and takes pride in rolling up your sleeves to get the job done, you'll feel right at home here with our family. Limited experience? No worries! We'll assist with training to provide you with the skills you need to be successful. If you've got the drive, we'll help you to reach your goals.
Wage: DOE w/ potential for overtime
Shift: This is a swing/mid shift position.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Family Culture - We treat our team like family
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401k with 5% company match & profit sharing
- Potential for Overtime
- Opportunities for Internal Mobility
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Training Provided
- Tuition Reimbursement Program - We'll assist with continuing education that aligns with your career goals
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Earn More with our Employee Referral Program
- Company Discounts on products, goods, services, electronics, automotive, travel & more!
- Opportunities for Community Engagement
- Troubleshoots problems, making economical and durable repairs.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists and hand tools.
- Maintains and repairs heavy equipment, trucks, shop, and non-mobile equipment on a company-wide basis.
- Services vehicles/equipment to include oil changes, greasing, adding fluids, changing filters and maintaining preventative maintenance schedules. Troubleshoots and repairs electrical and hydraulic systems, diesel and gasoline engines, transmissions, drive trains, etc.
- Orders parts and supplies. Maintains purchase orders and invoices. Operates computer for job functions.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Welds broken parts and structural members.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Take action to avoid potential hazards or obstructions.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Participate in and promote an inclusive work environment.
- Routinely assist other members of the work force in different areas of production.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Diesel Mechanic experience required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Proficient with Windows, Excel, Word, Cat ET, Cummins Insite and Detroit programs.
- Valid driver's license required; CDL a plus but not required.
- Must be able to provide your own tools.
- Demonstrates good performance, safety and attendance.
- Demonstrates proficiency in basic mathematics.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with all departments and customers on the phone and in person.
- Demonstrates ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrates ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Demonstrates Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Demonstrates a willingness to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates organizational and time management skills.
- Must pass physical exam and pre-employment controlled substance testing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50-75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functionsWhat CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Apr 14, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Spokane Job Segment:
Hydraulics, Diesel Mechanic, Mechanic, Construction, Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations
This job has expired.