Digital Content Editor
Do you have experience in medical or scientific publishing?
Do you enjoy communicating with clinicians and health care professionals?
About our Team
Point of Care is digital content designed for use by physicians and hospitalists to find evidence-based answers to clinical questions. Physicians are able to find answers quickly and search for best practices for an emerging illness
About the Role
The Digital Content Editor works with the editorial team to coordinate the content development process and is responsible for the operation of the Clinical Overviews development process. This includes copyediting, content coding, and set maintenance of editorial systems, evidence policies, and management of content formats and specifications.
- Coordinate content development of editorial process to ensure quality content and content delivery timelines
- Ensure clear information to stakeholders regarding content process, standards, costs, and deliverables to deadlines
- Review content for organization and clarity, provide feedback as necessary to subject matter experts, authors, Medical Editors, and the Editor-in-Chief
- Copyedit both content and metadata to ensure compliance with editorial style and policies
- Propose enhancements of existing development processes to affect speed to production and expectation of editorial and customer needs
- Keep management informed of all aspects of content, feature, and functionality development
Work in a way that works for you
- Have a Bachelor's level education
- Have editorial experience; 3 years copyediting experience in medical or scientific publishing is a plus
- Have excellent communication, management, and editorial skills with the ability to work to meet tight deadlines
- Have knowledge and experience in communication with clinicians/ health care professionals
- Have some knowledge of taxonomies, content coding, and clinical workflows
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organization. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, family leave, and tuition reimbursement, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and long-term goals.
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative, and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.Working for you
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
- Comprehensive, multi-carrier health plan benefits
- Disability insurance
- Dependent Care and Commuter Spending Accounts
- Life and Accident Insurance
- Retirement Benefits
- Modern Family Benefits, including adoption and surrogacy
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world's grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.Join Us
Are you ready to help us progress science and health? Our technology leads to innovation, so join a forward-thinking digital business that is tackling world-scale challenges and align your ambitions with our passion for driving global knowledge-sharing.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.