Title: Director, Business Operations
Job no: 493508
Location: Harrisburg Campus
Hiring Range: $75,640 - $96,441
Job Summary: The director, business operations is responsible for management and administration of assigned academic schools as well as budgeting for functional leaders' collegewide departments. The position prepares, monitors and forecasts operating and capital budgets, evaluates the efficiency of business procedures and processes according to college objectives, and serves as the liaison among schools, departments and vendors for business operations.
This position is open until filled.
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years experience, including 3 years of supervisory experience
Hiring Range: $75,640 - $96,441
Preferred Qualifications: TBD
Job Specific Task List:
- Lead business operations and financial strategy and planning, including annual budget process, as well as other initiatives for assigned academic schools and functional collegewide departments. - (Standard)
- Oversee, direct and organize the finance and accounting operations for the assigned schools and functional departments. - (Standard)
- Collaborate with team members to integrate best practices into operations within assigned schools and functional departments. - (Standard)
- Analyze and present monthly financial projections for the academic schools and functional departments in an accurate and timely manner. - (Standard)
- Supervise and provide outstanding leadership to team members and assigned staff. - (Standard)
- Provide effective team and project management oversight. - (Standard)
- Contribute to decision-making, leadership, institutional effectiveness and long-term planning of the College. - (Standard)
- Continually review and evaluate business operations' processes; identify and initiate change in areas in which the College may need to improve operational efficiency. - (Standard)
- Develop long-term operational strategies by researching new directives for growth and performance. - (Standard)
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the assigned schools and functional departments, including auxiliary operations and vendors, and negotiation of new contracts or contract renewals . - (Standard)
- Provide oversight of the personnel planning process to include the tracking of new/open positions within assigned schools and functional departments. - (Standard)
- Embrace and uphold diversity policies of the College; assist in building and maintaining an inclusive workplace. - (Standard)
- Support Office of Finance leadership in enterprise risk management and key performance indicators (KPIs). - (Standard)
- Supervise employees and assign work Participate in strategic and continuity of operations planning and administration Develop, monitor and forecast annual operating and capital budgets Manage projects and assess their effectiveness Monitor and assess collegewide business operations Provide overall management and development of operating and capital budgets for assigned schools and functional departments Review and approve expenditures; monitor revenue Serve on committees to contribute to the growth and success of the College - (Essential)
- Perform other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC's commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others' expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Jul 14, 2022 Eastern Daylight Time