Become a part of our diverse team
NPD is an inclusive and innovative work environment where you can learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world's most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today's market trends while anticipating tomorrow's.
Are you a passionate, dynamic, and highly motivated individual who's looking for an opportunity to have an impact on some of the most well-known companies in the world? The FBC practice at NPD works with an exceptional roster of food manufacturers in the United States to help them understand the trends and dynamics of the food and beverage industry. Do you love consumer behavior and telling a story using data-driven insights? Our FBC team is seeking a Director, Client Development who is responsible for building relationships with our manufacturer clients, providing them with value-added insights and driving revenue and product usage within our accounts. This integral member of the Client Development team will report directly to the Executive Director of our Food & Beverage Consumption team.
This position is based in greater Chicago, IL or New York City, NY. Can be remote.
- Build strategic relationships with senior level client contacts to develop strategic business insights regarding the clients' most important business issues/needs, both short and long-term.
- Ability to distill diverse data sets into cohesive and succinct stories for clients resulting in actionable insights and demonstration of thought leadership.
- Drive revenue growth by understanding the dynamics of each client's organization and penetrating the account base to identify applications for NPD products and services.
- Responsible for revenue planning, pipeline management and forecasting of client account group.
- Work collaboratively as part of the practice leadership team to support strong employee morale and development of a high-performing team. Participate in or lead strategic initiatives that further the goals of the practice.
- Bachelor's degree plus 8+ years of experience within client services, account management or category management within the CPG food or general merchandise industries.
- Demonstrated ability to work with consumer data to generate analyses. Ability to synthesize data and develop meaningful conclusions, insights, and recommendations, as well as present that information in the appropriate communication vehicle.
- Develop and execute comprehensive client account plans; understand the client's organization; understand their internal objectives and business issues; develop knowledge of the industry they compete in and provide day-to-day tactical support.
- Experience in managing and developing a team as this position manages direct reports.
- Strong presentation skills with a high comfort level presenting to large groups and senior audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to manage business and relationships across multiple accounts.
- Proven history of meeting and exceeding account goals.
- Proficient in MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Travel typically 25%.
The ideal candidate must be able to conduct engaging and impactful presentations that deliver value to the client while telling a compelling story in a concise and polished manner to a diverse audience. Most importantly, the candidate must demonstrate the ability to listen to the customer and appropriately match the customer's needs with NPD's products and services.
The NPD Group, L.P. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job has expired.