Greif offers a great working environment and the opportunity to make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always welcome.
Job Requisition #:
020691 Director, Corporate Communications (Open)
The Director of Corporate Communications is responsible for the strategy, development and execution of corporate communications and creating cohesive messaging for Greif, Inc. (Greif). This leader will work closely with the internal Marketing team to develop and direct strategic level communications with internal and external stakeholders, and the communities in which Greif operates, as well as media/social media in support of the company strategic vision. This individual will also serve as key point person on executive and board level communications, promoting the Greif brand, both internally and externally, through its executive leadership.
Education and Experience:
- Leading communication responses to crises or challenging situations quickly and professionally and chair the crisis team
- Making sure all company materials have consistent and positive messaging and branding
- Conducting quality control on all communications
- Managing a team of communications staff (or external consultants), internal and external communications
- Developing relationships and working with media outlets and other companies
- Build an end-to-end communication strategic plan focused on internal communications for the business and lead/implement strategic communications designed to engage and inspire colleagues (with special emphasis on production colleagues that are challenging to reach).
- Develop business-wide communications that focus on strategic business priorities, including memos, messaging, talking points, presentations, and other executive communications.
- Partner effectively across the organization and with key stakeholders to integrate and align communications to broader enterprise content.
- Identify awareness gaps and proactively develop communications solutions to increase understanding.
- Support the development of internal content and related programs for colleague engagement and experience campaigns and other relevant materials.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Requires a BA/BS preferably in English, Communications, Media or Journalism
- 8 years of experience in a large organization or agency setting; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience developing and delivering internal communications strategies which inform and engage.
- Experience in communications planning and partnering cross-functionally.
- Fluent in change management communications strategies and best practices; proven success in implementing change.
- Experience in communications and project management, with a focus on process improvement, data analysis, tool assessment and implementation.
Ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal communication skills, along with excellent writing and editing skills.
- Ability to write about complex concepts in easy-to-understand language and distill messaging to reach a diverse internal audience.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously with minimal direction.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in large, global and complicated matrixed organizations; ability to navigate through ambiguous situations with little direction.
- Experience developing and sharing messages and communications with a workforce largely separated from email or other computer based communications modes
- Excellent project management skills, including prioritizing and managing multiple projects and internal stakeholders simultaneously.
- A demonstrated ability to build relationships and earn the trust of all levels of colleagues and management.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read Greif's Equal Opportunity Policy.
This job has expired.