The Director of Data Quality & Standards within Data Stewardship for Data & Analytics (D&A) is accountable for the delivery of Otsuka's Development and Commercial quality goals in partnership with D&A and cross-functional stakeholders. This role will establish and prioritize a data quality & standards strategy and framework that will focus primarily on data acquired from third party vendors across the enterprise, including but not limited to R&D, Commercial. This role is accountable to modernize the tools and operating model for managing the quality and mastering of Otsuka's data to ensure accurate, consistent, complete and reliable data is used to produce valuable analytics insights, mitigate compliance risk, achieve operational excellence and increase data value. The Data Stewardship Data Quality & Standards role must be comfortable sorting through competing priorities, project execution, mentoring of senior and junior staff, matrix structures, and the stand up of new enterprise capabilities to better achieve analytic outcomes. The role is expected to positively impact the overall quality of data science, data projects and analytical insights.
Qualifications/ Required Knowledge/ Experience and Skills
- Reporting to the Head of Data Stewardship, this leader will become a driving force of change and provide leadership, oversight and technical/strategic direction for an end-to end data quality & standards strategy.
- Design and evolve an end-to-end data quality strategy and framework based on organizational objectives and inputs of key stakeholders to ensure needs are met and pain points are effectively avoided or resolved.
- Deploy an effective quality system and tools to drive customer satisfaction, accuracy of decision-making and enable the organization to leverage data as an enterprise asset.
- Be accountable from a business perspective for the planning, implementation, and maintenance of Otsuka's Master Data Management (MDM) system.
- Leverage AI/Machine Learning solutions and adopt an automated enterprise data quality strategy that features a modern, out of the box information rules library and exception management process that can scale and adapt to a wide variety of sources and formats, as well as emerging technologies.
- Partner with key IT stakeholders to understand and appropriately oversee, monitor, and manage changes to third party data assets within a complex information infrastructure.
- Research and adopt technology to enable customizable views via enterprise KPI dashboards that can provide insights into data quality performance and identify opportunities for improvements by analyzing trends in data quality indicators.
- Collaborate with Data Stewardship roles & other key stakeholders to ensure rigorous, quality and control of data at ingestion and appropriate rules for data extraction/data transfers.
- Collaborate with Data Stewardship roles & other key stakeholders to implement/enhance rules to enable reference data to be flagged if there is incomplete or incorrect input to prevent those errors from affecting downstream applications and processes.
- Close collaboration with Otsuka's Privacy and Security groups to ensure appropriate processes to ensure data integrity.
- Management of contract resources to implement/execute against QC requirements.
- Function as a knowledge base and resource to project teams. Serves as a point of escalation and resolution for quality issues.
- Model and coach engagement best practices that enable thought partnership and engender a collaborative environment with robust debate. Furthering the partnership and impact of Data Stewardship at Otsuka.
- Foster a culture that focuses on the achievement of goals and personal accountability, through the setting of objectives and expectations, monitoring to plan, the redirection as needed and the celebration of achievements.
- Foster a culture that embraces the strategic use of data into decision making enabling greater business outcomes.
- Builds a learning culture within and external to Data Stewardship, where individuals are provided growth and development opportunities.
- Accountable for ensuring collaborations and communications with key stakeholders of Data Stewardship.
- Attract, retain, develop and promote talent to build a team with an optimal balance of experience and diverse perspectives.
- Model the balance of innovation and intellectual curiosity with discipline and structure. Is a champion of value-add change and evolution and is able to inspire and motivate others.
- Minimum 10-12 years of industry related experience within the pharmaceutical industry.
- 3-5 years of leadership responsibilities.
- Experience working within the pharmaceutical industry and experience leading teams within data operations/data management/analysis & reporting environments.
- Experience supporting development and commercial portfolios spanning multiple products, therapeutic areas and development phases.
- Experience driving large, complex change eﬀorts and to drive results through inﬂuence, persuasion and relationships.
- Assesses quickly with a track record of getting up to speed and adding immediate value to new situations.
- Ability to co-create and work collectively with various business leaders and other key stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to organize, conceptually interpret and clearly communicate material developed collaboratively via the input of multiple parties.
- Inﬂuencing and negotiation skills.
- Up to 10% travel is required based upon business needs.
- Line and performance management experience.
- Bachelor's degree is required
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; https://www.otsuka-us.com/careers-join-otsuka.Disclaimer:
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.Valid Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or Accommodation
The COVID-19 Vaccination is mandatory for incoming new hires and employees. Uploading documentation with proof of full vaccination record or an Otsuka approved accommodation will be required during the pre-employment process as permitted by law. New hires must be fully vaccinated unless there is an approved accommodation prior to start date.Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
At Otsuka we take security and protection of your personal information very seriously. Please be aware individuals may approach you and falsely present themselves as our employees or representatives. They may use this false pretense to try to gain access to your personal information or acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities purportedly on our behalf.
Please understand, Otsuka will never
ask for financial information of any kind or for payment of money during the job application process. We do not require any financial, credit card or bank account information and/or any payment of any kind to be considered for employment. We will also not offer you money to buy equipment, software, or for any other purpose during the job application process. If you are being asked to pay or offered money for equipment fees or some other application processing fee, even if claimed you will be reimbursed, this is not Otsuka. These claims are fraudulent and you are strongly advised to exercise caution when you receive such an offer of employment.
Otsuka will also never ask you to download a third-party application in order to communicate about a legitimate job opportunity. Scammers may also send offers or claims from a fake email address or from Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc, and not from an official Otsuka email address. Please take extra caution while examining such an email address, as the scammers may misspell an official Otsuka email address and use a slightly modified version duplicating letters.
To ensure that you are communicating about a legitimate job opportunity at Otsuka, please only deal directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External.
Otsuka will not be held liable or responsible for any claims, losses, damages or expenses resulting from job recruiting scams. If you suspect a position is fraudulent, please contact Otsuka's call center at: 800-363-5670. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job recruiting scam, please contact the FBI through the Internet Crime Complaint Center at: https://www.ic3.gov, or your local authorities.
This job has expired.