Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world's most vibrant centers of commerce, with over 1 billion square feet in 19 countries, over $200B of gross AUM. Some of the world's largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create a competitive advantage. As a top ranked U.S. company among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Director, Global Construction Optimization-LEAN Process
DIRECTOR, GLOBAL CONSTRUCTION OPTIMIZATION Location - Denver, Houston, Major Markets
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
At Prologis, The Development management team delivers about $6 billion worth of projects annually and is constantly looking for opportunities to innovate and improve portfolio performance. the Director, Global Construction Optimization acts as a change agent and drives all Lean implementation and Safety management efforts globally. Reporting into the Global Planning, Performance, and Innovation team (PPI), this role will lead all aspects of our core values in pursuit of waste elimination and continuous improvement on projects through Lean principles. You may be required to travel up to 40% of the time in this role.
What's needed in order to do that:
Tell us if you're ready
- Lead all aspects of Lean Construction, safety, and principles Globally, providing a continuous improvement culture throughout all development activity.
- Manage and provide direction to a team of safety professionals and lean construction managers. Coaches and mentors direct reports and is responsible for their development. Also coaches leadership regarding lean practices, lean thinking, and problem solving.
- Create and lead programs, on-going training, procedures, protocols, lessons learned, best Practices, and other techniques to empower project teams to fully adopt lean principles in their daily activities.
- Provides insight, direction, and strategic alignment with the business. This includes conducting regular Lean assessments, compiling defined metrics, and submitting periodic reports to leadership.
- Challenges regional teams to identify specific lean improvement goals for their project.
- Develops project specific metrics to measure the effectiveness and outcomes of lean process improvements.
- The ideal candidate will be skilled in, strategic planning, root cause analysis; ability to applying data analytics to problem solve, and possess high-level relationship building that includes inspiring others, influencing, and presenting ideas at the Executive level.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Project Management, or related field. Master's Degree is a plus
- 10 years minimum experience working on complex construction programs such as manufacturing or institutional construction, and a strong background in construction field operations.
All full-time roles in the US come with a robust benefits package which includes healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employees and eligible dependents. Prologis also offers several other wellness, financial, and work/lifestyle-specific benefits. Our 401(k) retirement plan has a company match of 50% up to 12% of eligible compensation. We also offer generous PTO with a starting accrual of 22 days a year in addition to paid holidays and volunteer time.
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Employment Type:
Dallas, TexasAdditional Locations:
Atlanta, Georgia, East Rutherford, New Jersey, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Houston, Texas, Miami, Florida, Nashville, Tennessee
As a condition to the commencement of your employment, Prologis requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. You are considered fully vaccinated two (2) weeks after your second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax vaccines, or two (2) weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. In addition, all employees must have at least one vaccine booster when eligible. Prologis will consider requests for a reasonable accommodation as to the vaccination requirement on the basis of a disability or sincerely-held religious belief in accordance with applicable law.
This job has expired.