Director of Research Integrity and CompliancePosition Type:
SA2612122Full or Part Time:
Full TimeEmployee Status :
05/11/2022Job Description Summary:
The Office of the Vice President for Research at Chapman University is seeking a full-time Director of Research Integrity and Compliance. The Director, who reports to the Vice Provost for Research, is Chapman University's Research Integrity and Compliance officer. The Director is responsible for research integrity, regulatory compliance, and adherence to contracts, sub-awards, and research-related agreements to federal, state, and local rules, regulations, policies, and guidelines. Specifically, the Director is responsible for all the critical research compliance areas, including human subject and animal research, conflicts of interest, and export control compliance programs; oversees and provides expert advice and leadership in areas related to research integrity and compliance issues for Chapman University, as prescribed by federal, state and Chapman policy.Responsibilities:
The Director of Research Integrity and Compliance will:
- Maintain expertise, develop new, and revise existing CU policies to comply with current and emerging federal and other relevant regulatory policies.
- Develop institutional policies, procedures, guidelines, and programs that enable the conduct of research while ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Implement programs and involve relevant stockholders to raise awareness of compliance requirements
- Lead regular policy review, creation, and implementation of institutional research policies, including those related to all research compliance areas (human and animal subjects, export controls, conflict of interest, and conflict of commitment).
- Facilitate inquiries, investigations, and reporting of allegations of research misconduct.
- Manage individual conflicts of interest and conflicts of commitment related to research.
- Develop responsible conduct of research training programs for faculty, staff, and students to meet federal and state requirements.
- Oversee export compliance activities.
- Provide training for investigators across crucial compliance areas.
- Serve as a non-voting, ex-officio member of the Institutional Review Board and the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee.
- Responsible for assessing financial conflict of interest and institutional conflicts of interest related to human subject research.
- Collaborate with the other Directors under the VPR to meet the goals and objectives of the Office of Research, including developing and building the University's research infrastructure.
- Performs work as assigned by the Vice Provost for Research.
- Minimum three years of compliance-related experience, preferably in a research compliance role at a university, research institute, research hospital, or governmental regulatory agency.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Leadership in a managerial position with demonstrated ability to collaborate, supervise, and form partnerships.
- Ability to develop and apply policies and procedures.
- Technical skills to have the ability to learn and use enterprise systems and tools necessary for the position.
- Ability to use diplomacy and tact, and work with confidential information.
- Ability to interpret and ensure university and department policies and procedures.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Master's degree in a related field or a JD with five years of experience and professional expertise in areas related to research integrity and compliance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal regulations and the legal and regulatory environment governing research and contracts.
- Demonstrated success in developing, implementing, and monitoring policies to ensure compliance with federal funding agencies such as NIH, NSF, DOD, NASA, and other federal agencies.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to independently manage multiple projects with conflicting priorities.
Applicants for Staff and Administrator positions must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Chapman University does not sponsor applicants for Staff and Administrator positions for work visas.Minimum Number of References:
The offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion and outcomes of a credit and criminal background screenings, and returning to the Office of Human Resources a signed original acceptance of the Chapman University Agreement to Arbitrate.
2Maximum Number of References:
This job has expired.