The primary objective of this position is to support engineering management to develop layouts and drawings for all assigned projects and ensure consistent drafting standards policies & procedures and drawing presentation from project inception to as-built completion. On assigned projects the position shall receive and process information from the team leader or design engineer to develop and finalize project drawings and be responsible for drawing accuracy and inter-discipline drawing presentation and coordination.
Location: The person hired can be based out of one of the following locations: 1. Fayetteville, Arkansas (Tyson HQ) OR 2. Downers Grove, IL (Greater Chicago Area).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Effective management of assigned projects; maintain communication with team leader and design engineer to assist in the design of assigned projects
- Draft project layouts and details for assigned projects as directed by team leader
- Ensure document accuracy and project coordination between all disciplines
- Meet regularly with team leader and design engineer to meet all project expectations and deadlines.
- Provide field verification as required to complete project documents or facility as-built drawings
- Ensure Tyson Drafting standards policies and procedures on all work
- Review and update consultant's drawings as required complying with Tyson's drafting standards and archiving policies
- Search database, scan, copy or reproduce documents to assist engineering management and or to meet Tyson archiving policies; provide plots prints and copies as directed
- Assist in administration of project shop drawings, submittals, and archiving
- Develop and maintain knowledge of food processing industry practices including USDA and OSHA regulations and specific discipline standards; maintain and further develop AutoCAD, Revit and other related computer program skills and any other tasks as needed.
Relocation Assistance Eligible:
Education: Associate degree in engineering discipline, architecture, drafting or equivalent experience level is preferred but NOT required.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience of detailed drafting of structural, architectural, mechanical, refrigeration, electrical, or process components and Revit/AutoCAD drafting and design experience preferred. Food processing industry experience preferred. Understanding of X-Refs, Dynamic blocks and Fields in Autodesk AutoCAD preferred. Revit modeling and family creation, work-shared models in BIM experience preferred. Knowledge of drafting industry standards preferred. Revit Architectural or MEP experience preferred. Experience in 3D scanning and scan conversion a plus.
Computer Skills: Minimum of 3 years of experience using Autodesk AutoCAD, Revit and BIM design software preferred. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, etc.
Communication Skills: Good communication skills.
Special Skills: Capable of working on many small projects and or multiple portions of large projects while requiring limited supervision. Ability to organize workload to complete projects on time and budget.
Travel: Travel is determined and based on project needs. Overnight travel should be anticipated and can average as much as 10 to 20%.
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.
This job has expired.