A full-service commercial air conditioning company, Hill York provides system maintenance, service, repairs, energy solutions and installation for a wide range of heating, cooling and ventilation systems. Since designing and installing the first air conditioning systems in Miami Beach hotels after World War II, Hill York has played a key role in leading Florida facilities to new plateaus of indoor comfort and energy efficiency.
Every day our team of Comfort Champions fans out across the state, sharing their knowledge and mobilizing resources to help make life more comfortable. In hospitals and medical centers. On college and university campuses. At government buildings, performing arts venues, and fitness clubs. We do it by taking maintenance off the hands of building owners with smart technology and remote monitoring. We do it by crafting self-funding energy conservation programs that give tight operating budgets new vitality. And we do it by making our comprehensive services a catalyst for creating sustainable environments where people, productivity and prosperity thrive.
That's Hill York at work: Combining a pioneering history and industry-leading service and innovation to benefit a new generation of Florida customers.
Hill York seeks a Warehouse Driver who will receive material and equipment for all related jobs in the field. The Warehouse Driver must unload trucks from outside vendors delivering to Hill York shop and load Hill York vehicles with material and or equipment and deliver to job sites according to the schedule. This position will assist in routine vehicle maintenance, keep warehouse in an orderly fashion, and adhere to all safety requirements at all times. May be assigned to special projects as needed.
Driver Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives and unloads trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders.
- Read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed and/or shipped.
- Operates equipment in accordance with DOT and company rules. Adheres to all local, state and federal laws.
- Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as the order the job material/equipment will be delivered.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or relocate orders to a holding area for future delivery
- Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Wears proper Safety equipment at all times.
- Delivers material/Equipment to Job site - communicates with Purchasing Manager or office once delivery is made to determine if needed to be re-routed or pick up is needed.
- Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe - Clean and orderly at all times.
- Complete requisition forms to order supplies from other departments.
- May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
- Completes operational inspections of all vehicles and equipment for safety prior to operating.
- Cleans, performs minor maintenance, and tests supporting construction tools.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled"Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent."
This job has expired.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Small equipment mechanic experience preferred
- CDL license a plus
- Ability to drive within local areas
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to move, lift, load and reach inventory weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to sit in a vehicle for extended periods of times.
- Thorough knowledge of traffic laws and defensive driving.
- Ability to safely drive company vehicles.