Job ID: 479274
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
Implements procedures and programs to minimize environmental, health and safety (EHS) risks and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage environmental project activities including, scheduling, tracking and planning for environmental assessments, site investigations, feasibility studies, and remedial action plans.
- Develop a compliance strategy(s) to meet regulatory requirements.
- Interprets data and observations to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry guidelines and advises management accordingly.
- Participate in workers compensation claims with Management, Human Resources and Carriers.
- Negotiate settlements of all citations and responses to OSHA and environmental compliance issues.
- Develop and implement sampling and monitoring plans which may include installing, operating and maintaining equipment which monitor air, land, and/or water pollution levels.
- Assess environmental risk of activities and advises sites and team members of environmental impact.
- Analyze, develop, and implement activities to ensure the safe and efficient operation of all remediation efforts.
- Safety program development and training.
- Systematic risk assessment and job safety analysis of production environments.
- Safety policy and procedure writing and implementation.
- Work with Maintenance, Engineering, Production and any other related department on equipment guarding, design, installation and compliance.
- Conduct or coordinate through the EH&S Coordinator advance training, incident investigations, safety committee meetings and follow up on responses and compliance assurance.
- Develop strategies to obtain environmental operating permits for new installations and modifications too existing installations.
- Prepares and submits to the relevant regulatory agencies permit applications to obtain operating permits for new installations and modifications to existing permits.
- Evaluate current and proposed codes, standards, regulations and guidelines to determine the impact on current and future programs and activities.
- Prepare technical documentation for management's use when dealing with regulatory agencies and other internal/external needs.
- Coordinates professional development opportunities for Plant Managers, General Managers and EH&S Coordinators.
- Maintains working knowledge of new technologies developed by the industry and government regulations.
- Ability to work as part of a team on the regional and national level to positively impact the organization's safety performance.
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed.
- Ability to lead change management in policies on a Regional and National level as required.
- Reviews and monitors efforts and initiatives carried out by the EH&S Coordinator.
- Responsible for evaluating the performance, training needs, professional development and discipline of the EH&S Coordinators in conjunction with the Plant Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.Requirements / Education / Experience
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred in Science field, plus one to two years related experience and/or training in related functions; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Must have ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Proficient in MS Office suite, web-based data management tools and Internet applications.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and article for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
- Must have the ability to define problems, collect data establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Must have ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematic or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
What CRH Offers You
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; occasionally up to 50 pounds.
- Regularly required to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Work environment is not temperature controlled, so rain/wind/hot/cold temperatures will be experienced.
- Work environment is production so it will be dusty/muddy/wet/snow conditions.
- PPE is required at all times when in the yard/plants: hard hat, high visibility vest, safety glasses and metatarsal boots and gloves as required.
- Required travel 75% of the time.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Feb 17, 2023 Nearest Major Market:
Dayton Job Segment:
Plant, Plant Manager, Workers Compensation, Manager, Maintenance Engineer, Manufacturing, Human Resources, Management, Engineering
This job has expired.