Greif offers a great working environment and the opportunity to make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always welcome.
Job Requisition #:
017199 Electrician (Open)
Maintenance Electrical position within a manufacturing environment. Under general supervision, maintains, troubleshoots and services electrical and electronic systems, machinery, and controls. Support all production and physical plant equipment in the facility.
- Perform all duties in a safe and collaborative manner and immediately report any potentially dangerous conditions or other safety concerns to the supervisor.
- Start up and shuts down equipment in accordance with operation's requirements, company safety procedures and OSHA requirements for machine activation and shutdown.
- Perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical theory and principles, statutory codes and principles of operation of electrical equipment.
- Plan work procedures and determines replacement needs or new material required and develops a logical approach to correct the problem.
- Analyze circuits, wiring diagrams and drawings to install, repair, calibrate, service and replace electrical and electronic devices and systems.
- Dismantle, inspect and replace electrical machinery and replaces defective electrical or mechanical parts.
- Lays-out, assembles, installs, tests, repairs, and adjusts electrical fixtures, apparatus, equipment, wiring, and to include panels, breakers, and conduit.
- Perform minor PLC programing, using Siemens, Allen-Bradley, and Automation Direct controls.
- Repair, install, replace, and test electrical circuits, equipment, and motors using appropriate tools and testing instruments
- Troubleshoot and repair electric controls, motor control centers, and programmable logic controls.
- Examine work orders and converse with equipment operators to detect equipment problems.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance tasks such as checking, cleaning, or repairing equipment to detect and prevent problems.
- Calibrate testing instruments and installed or repaired equipment to prescribed specifications.
- Promote and comply with good safety practices and habits, including but not limited to, use of all PPE, ensuring guards and safety features are working.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*Knowledge and Skills*: Must have completed a minimum of the following courses from an accredited and approved educational source or demonstrated knowledge and skill acquired via sufficient job experience:
1. Basic Electrical Safety
2. Basic Industrial Safety
3. AC Circuits and Machinery
4. DC Circuits and Machinery
5. Electrical Troubleshooting
6. National Electrical Code
7. PLC Programing
- Ability to troubleshoot control circuits, motors, motor control circuits, and other electrical and electronic systems and equipment.
- Ability to install and maintain electrical systems and controls.
- Ability to read electrical blueprints and schematics and apply NEC requirements.
- Ability to use appropriate hand, power and specialty tools and diagnostic equipment to complete job tasks.
- Ability to perform mechanical machine repairs.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read Greif's Equal Opportunity Policy.
This job has expired.