Praxair Surface Technologies (PST), a company, offers a comprehensive array of high-performance coatings and technologies to the aviation, energy and other industries. By continuously advancing coatings technologies, PST helps customers improve environmental performance, decrease energy consumption, extend component life, improve productivity, minimize downtime, reduce operating costs and produce high-quality products. Additional information can be found at .
The Maintenance Technician performs a wide variety of complex electrical and mechanical duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and modify plant equipment in support of operations. Uses a wide variety of hand, power, and machine tools to perform assignments under limited supervision. Troubleshoots and repairs equipment and systems requiring the isolation of the malfunction, disassembly of equipment and repair/replacement of primarily electrical components but also bearings, seals, gears, and the like. Performs preventive maintenance on equipment and plant systems as well as leads technical projects focused on equipment reliability improvements.
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment and mechanical systems
- Installs and modifies mechanical equipment & mechanical systems
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains mechanical equipment & mechanical systems
- Identifies malfunction of equipment/systems
- Disassembly of equipment
- Repairs/Replaces structural components
- Uses a wide variety of hand, power, and machine tools to perform assignments
- Supports Production staff through effective and timely assistance and repairs
- Accomplishes all work in orders to maintain safety, reduce downtime, improve quality production, and improve plant efficiency
- Support and participate in current and new safety initiatives/policies business needs
- Ensures all equipment documentation is complete and properly processed
- Point person for facility
- Collaborate with team and production manager on priorities as it relates to the need of the business
- Maintains and updates control documents
- Other job duties as assigned
- High School diploma/GED
- Required Knowledge of skilled trades
- 5+ years Industrial Maintenance experience
- Experience reading and understanding electrical schematics; and mechanical blueprints
- Good communication and organizational skills
- PLC troubleshooting
- Mechanically inclined
- Basic computer skills in EAM and Microsoft Outlook.
- Industrial equipment maintenance
- Aerospace Industry a plus
- Basic industrial electrical aptitude
- PLC troubleshooting skills
- Welding (any type)
- Machine shop equipment and tools
- Technical Diploma
PST is a supplier which abides by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As such, persons considered for this position must be either a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder) or otherwise classifiable as a U.S. person under relevant ITAR regulations.
We offer a comprehensive benefits program that supports our employees' and their families' wellbeing and provides the tools and resources our employees need to make well-informed decisions about their physical and financial future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
This job has expired.