Location: Kent, WA
Description: Our client is currently seeking a Engineer - Avionics, Instruments & GNC III
As part of a hardworking team of spacecraft development engineers, you will study and develop advanced concepts for aerospace vehicles. You will be responsible for systems engineering of the Guidance Navigation and Control (GN&C) subsystem and its components, including derivation and development of subsystem requirements, performing analyses and trades to validate requirements, and maintaining subsystem specification, budgets and performance metrics.
This job will have the following responsibilities:
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Support early feasibility studies, subsystem architecture development, definition of subsystem and component trade space, and concept of operations.
- Derive and develop subsystem requirements, perform analyses and trades to validate requirements, and maintain subsystem specification, budgets and performance metrics
- Collaborate with other subsystems and spacecraft systems engineers to support define subsystem boundaries and interfaces.
- Support the definition, development, and execution of simulations and tools necessary for verification of subsystem functionalities.
- Support verification and testing, ensuring the subsystem complies to its requirements
- B.S. in aerospace, mechanical, electrical, or systems engineering
- Applied industry experience and/or M.S. or Ph.D. focused on development of requirements, interfaces, trades and analyses for GN&C subsystems
- Experience in modeling GN&C components, and analyzing performance of GN&C subsystem or components via simulation, testing, or analytical methods
- Understands relationship between GN&C, vehicle sizing, and vehicle automation
- Knowledge in control, navigation, and astrodynamics fundamentals
- Experience in Matlab/Simulink
- Experienced in configuration and product data management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- M.S. or PhD in aerospace engineering or related technical field
- Experience in development, implementation, and testing of guidance, navigation, and control algorithms on aerospace vehicles
- Experience working with GN&C sensors and actuators
- Experience in full development lifecycle of spacecraft GN&C subsystems
- Experience designing and evaluating simulations, hardware-in-the-loop, and software-in-the-loop testing
- Experience with performing system safety analyses including Functional Hazard Assessments (FHA), Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analyses (FMECA), and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Experience with collaboration tools such as Confluence and JIRA
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com