Spectralytics, Inc. which is part of the Cretex Medical family of companies, is located in Dassel, MN and provides contract laser processing and assembly services to medical device manufacturers. Learn more how we are impacting lives daily at www.spectralytics.com and www.cretexmedical.com.
What is it Like to Work at Spectralytics?
We value the contributions of our employees and promote growth, safety and security for all our employees. Spectralytics pays competitive wages along with a rich benefit package while offering a positive work environment with a focus on continuous improvement. Check out all Spectralytics can offer you as a valued team member.
Engineering Manager Position Summary:
This role will lead and develop the engineering staff to deliver quality process development projects on time, meeting specifications, within the timeline and budget. This role will also participate in the sales and marketing of contract manufacturing and engineering services.
Engineering Manager Responsibilities:
QualificationsEngineering Manager Position Requirements:
- Managing technical staff supporting Production Operations and continuous improvement
- Manage, assign and monitor facility expansion, equipment move and cost reduction within the Manufacturing Engineering Team
- Identify and implement cost reduction projects as well as yield, efficiency & process improvements
- Manage technical reviews and design for manufacturability with our customers and internal engineering departments
- Lead process improvement and Operational Excellence within the engineering department
- Train and develop engineers and create/utilize engineering standards
- Provide employees with goals, performance initiatives, and areas of accountability that are directly aligned with the goals of Cretex companies
- Hire, manage work hours, vacation requests, review performance, discipline, terminate, make compensation changes, and ensure compliance of personnel to corporate personnel policies.
- Review capital acquisitions and department expenditures, including compensation, expenses, maintenance, and equipment/software upgrades
- Support and comply with the company Quality System, ISO, and medical device requirements
- Read, understand, and follow work instructions and standard work
- Partner with other business segments: sales/marketing, customer service, engineering, quality, and finance
- Understand customer needs and the core business markets we serve
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment
Engineering Manager Preferred Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering Science
- 5 years of engineering experience in a manufacturing setting
- CAD and related design computer software (SolidWorks, Creo, Unigraphics, etc.)
- Medical instrumentation product knowledge
- Manufacturing process knowledge
- Knowledge of Quality System: ISO9001, ISO13845
- Ability to manage internal and external relationships
- Project management experience and/or certifications
- Ability to solve problems and root cause analysis
- Ability to consistently achieve short and long-term business results
- Ability to follow through on commitments and holds team members accountable
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
Physical & Environmental Demands:
- Continuing Education; including participation in local chapters, associations, and/or organizations
Cretex Companies use cutting oils, solvents, and other chemicals in the manufacturing process. Testing is conducted on a periodic basis to ensure that all chemicals are kept well below the OSHA permissible exposure levels.Spectralytics Benefits:
As a Cretex Medical company, Spectralytics offers a full benefit package to its employees. Benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance options. Spectralytics also offers a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, profit sharing, short- and long-term disability insurance, paid time off and holiday pay. Spectralytics also offers company specific benefits such as:
- Operational Excellence appreciation Lunches
- Volunteer Activities
- Training and Development Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Annual Flu Vaccination Clinics
- Wellness Program
Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, family status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other protected status as required by law. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment and eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.