What you'll do at
What you'll do...
As the Business Information Security Partner (BISP) for the Supply Chain unit of Walmart US, your core responsibility will be to enhance the delivery of secure logistics and fulfillment technology to our customers. This role, reporting to the Information Security Partners organization, will act as the key bridge between organizations and strategic partner to predict future needs of this line of business and accelerate secure delivery.
At Walmart, we prioritize innovation and data security. Our team is dedicated to maintaining a secure operating environment and preserving the trust of our customers, associates, and stakeholders. We combine a range of services and expertise to prevent fraud, detect threats, and manage digital risk and access. Our focus is on mitigating attack risks, securing cloud transformation, and fostering a culture of security and reliability within our team
What you'll do:
Key outcomes from this role will include:
What you'll bring:
- Key leader for all things information security within the Supply Chain technology team.
- Establish and embed security into engineering using automation and scalable security practices throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Partner and collaborate across other Supply Chain Technology leaders in educating and initiating actions to mature the security posture for the teams
- Both determine where the opportunities exist for the Supply Chain technology teams, and then further define and roadmap the maturity journey to raise the security posture expectation.
- Understand key business goals to reframe risk discussions and resulting decisions in business terms
- Inform senior business leaders and partners and product teams on the long run risk implications of product options using both data and expert experience to guide decision making
- Predict demand increases both in existing operations and for new yet to be offered services from Information Security
- Keep awareness and aid InfoSec teams to maintain priority for all work for Supply Chain to be aligned to the business needs.
- Translate business needs into product requirements for feeding backlogs of horizontal offerings by Information Security.
- Serve as a primary arbiter for risk management between business needs and security risk, aligned with quantitative risk measurement standards.
- Act as the primary escalation point for incidents involving Supply Chain and Information Security, including attending war rooms when notified and follow up on problems involving Information Security services.
- Participate in industry councils or working groups to influence security best practices within the retail industry.
- Constructively engage Supply Chain teams, including business teams, to resolve cybersecurity issues
- Establish risk ownership and accountability within Supply Chain
- Monitor open security risk issues to ensure strategic planning identifies and avoids such risks in the future.
About Walmart Global Tech
- Manages the execution of security initiatives by prioritizing critical issues for root-cause analysis; ensuring resolution of critical issues; monitoring progress versus plan; escalating complex or difficult issues; conducting business and technical design sessions; utilizing scope-change orders to track changes to the project; tracking expenditures and budgets; providing informational presentations; managing stakeholder expectations; holding self and project team accountable for project delivery; and developing performance reports.
- Monitors, analyzes, and remediates information technology (IT) security risks and vulnerabilities by adhering to defined operating procedures; reviewing metrics to identify outliers, inefficiencies, and non-standard actions associated with operational processes and reporting the findings; identifying improvement opportunities and providing feedback to senior team members and management; and participating in meetings for any initiatives or tasks that will alter current processes.
- Maintains vendor relations by preparing and executing request for proposals (RFPs); facilitating the vendor selection process; reviewing statements of work; ensuring compliance with vendor contracts; and reporting on vendor contract execution.
- Oversees multiple compliance efforts by monitoring the implementation of specific information security controls; ensuring expertise with regulatory concepts (for example, International Organization for Standardization (ISO), Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), Payment Card industry Data Security Standard (PCI), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)); managing multiple compliance assessments and remediation processes; identifying security compliance assessment and remediation process improvement; defining and/or implementing solutions to assess compliance and reduce risk; coordinating and communicating enterprise compliance assessments and remediation processes; presenting results and analysis of assessment and remediation activity relevant to missing strategic goals to senior and executive management; and defining governance reports, practices, goals, and strategic efforts to enforce mandated compliance practices.
- Manages the implementation of security governance by leading governance strategy; ensuring familiarity with Walmart information security policies, standards, procedures, and best practices; modeling various governance concepts (for example, Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies (COBIT), Six Sigma, Cybersecurity Capability Maturity Model (CMM)); developing recommended remediation for gaps in security governance and policies through collaboration and consensus building; enforcing all information technology policies and procedures; comparing and contrasting Walmart practices and industry standards; reviewing governance standards for overlap and inconsistencies with operational, security, and management practices; reporting to executive management identified governance issues leading to the identification of missing governance related strategic goals; tracking pending legislation to analyze potential impact to business operations; and defining governance reports and practices for senior management in order to enforce governance practices and meet established corporate goals and strategic efforts.
- Analyzes and identifies risk by understanding factors that influence impact and likelihood of identified risk; building working knowledge and relationship between risk and governance; building expertise in risk analysis in multiple layers of security specialty (for example, physical, governance, technical); developing risk mitigation strategies for identified vulnerabilities; representing risk in multiple areas or domains; defining risks based on criticality, frequency, or level of impacts; developing risk, assessment, and reporting frameworks.
- Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.3 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.Flexible, hybrid work
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily virtual, while remaining near the locations Global Tech calls home. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We use our campuses to collaborate and be together in person, as business needs require and for development and networking opportunities.Benefits:
Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, information systems, cybersecurity, or related area and 6years' experience in cybersecurity risk or related area at a technology, retail, or data-driven company.
Option 2: 8 years' experience in cybersecurity risk or related area at a technology, retail, or data-driven company.Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Certification in Security+, GISF, GSEC, CISA, CISSP, CCSP, or CISM, Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Information Systems, Cybersecurity, or related area and 4 years' experience leading information security or cybersecurity projects
CISA - Certified Information Systems Auditor - Certification, CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional - CertificationPrimary Location...
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America About Walmart
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum-NWA has something for everyone.
This job has expired.