Antea USA, Inc. (Antea®Group) is seeking motivated, detail-oriented graduates for entry level Environmental Geologist, Scientist or Engineer roles for current, January 2023 and May 2023 opportunities in various office locations throughout the United States.
Qualified individuals must have strong organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written), and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment with a strong technical support team. This safety-sensitive position reports to a project manager and will support project teams on a variety of assignments including site remediation activities, technical and safety oversight of subcontractors, permitting, Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments, and health and safety audit support. Tasks will include preparing work and health and safety plans; conducting soil and groundwater investigations and sampling; remediation system operation and maintenance; data entry, management, and analysis; and the preparation of reports in a variety of formats.
This is a full-time position with 70% - 80% of travel anticipated. This may require working alone in remote locations and/or out of state work supporting other company offices.
Antea®Group focuses strongly upon safety in all aspects of our operations, in the field, the office, and while traveling. The successful candidate must likewise consider safety as paramount and demonstrate an awareness of safe operations and be willing to accommodate long or non-standard work hours on a project by project basis.
Education and Training
Experience & Fundamental Skill Set
- BS in Geology / Hydrogeology / Engineering / Environmental Sciences / Health and Safety or related major
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Minimum 0 - 3 years of applicable environmental experience
- This position requires a 40-hour HAZWOPER OSHA certification. While current certification is desirable, it is not required to apply. HAZWOPER training will be provided upon employment if the successful candidate(s) is/are not already certified
Physical Requirements / Work Environment - Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities, which may include the following:
- Strong mechanical, organizational and communication skills
- Strong time, project task management, and decision-making skills
- Able to work independently, troubleshoot mechanical issues and produce results with attention to details
- Ability to multi-task with multiple project managers
- Interest and motivation to diversify skill set
- Familiarity with state and federal environmental regulatory framework
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship, now or in the future.
- Compliance with any client requirements, including but not limited to COVID-19 vaccine mandates
- Potential employees must pass a company-paid physical examination, drug-screen and have a valid driver's license and good driving record.
Sedentary to light work (typical office or administrative work)
- Frequently required to stand, sit, and walk for extended periods of time
- Occasional lifting and carrying of low (under 25lbs) to moderate (25-49lbs) weight objects
- Repetitive motions: substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (including reaching)
- Subject to inside environmental conditions (protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature change)
- Operation of a motor vehicle
Additionally, if you are assigned work in the field at client project sites you will need to complete a medical surveillance/fitness-for-duty examination and maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include the following:
Medium to heavy work
- Subject to outside environmental conditions: heat/cold, wind, wet and/or humid, etc.
- Occasional stooping (bending body downward and forward), kneeling (bending legs at knee), crouching (bending body downward and forward) and climbing
- Frequent lifting (including push/pull, hold/carry) of light, moderate and possibly heavy weight objects
- Subject to hazards, including a variety of physical conditions, including but not limited to proximity to moving vehicles, parts or equipment; exposure to chemicals; pressure (including noise); electrical hazards; biological hazards; excavation/trenching; confined spaces; elevated work; materials handling
- May be required to wear an air purifying respirator
Antea Group offers excellent benefits to its full-time and part-time employees including, but not limited to: medical, dental, and vision plans; 401(k); disability; life insurance; paid time off; and a comprehensive wellness program. Antea USA, Inc.
Antea USA, Inc. (Antea®Group) is an EEO/AA Employer
Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity and other protected categoriesNO RECRUITERS PLEASE/NO VISA SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME #LIDNP
This job has expired.