Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
The Eurofins network of companies is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. It is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. It also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 58,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 54 countries. Eurofins companies offer a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.72 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
We are seeking ahighly motivated individual to join us as a QC Microbiologist in our new commercial cell therapy production center located in Frederick MD. You will work with the Quality Control team in supporting our efforts in this exciting new area of cancer immunotherapy. This position provides Quality Control microbiological testing for commercial manufactured product, responsible for product testing, utility testing and environmental monitoring.
- Performs environmental and/or utility monitoring and sampling as a primary function.
- Performs routine and non-routine inspection of media fill samples (AOQ/APV), collection and/or testing of media, final product, validation-related, and critical utility samples according to SOPs.
- Receives, quarantines, and stores purchased microbiological media pending laboratory release.
- Monitors bio hazardous waste and coordinates its removal with qualified safety personnel.
- Participates in validation and commercial/developmental manufacturing activities.
- Reviews and issues Environmental Notifications based on raw data, and validated electronic data acquisition systems.
- Represents QC for area of specialization in site meetings.
- Supports testing of solid oral dosage, packaging component testing, raw material and sterile product testing.
- Troubleshoots standard instrumentation/test methods.
- Performs activities in support of final product release testing (e.g. tests applicable for endotoxin, sterility, and particle isolation) and raw material testing (e.g. media growth promotion) where required.
- Performs activities in support of environmental monitoring including surface viable air, non-viable air and personnel monitoring.
- Performs activities in support of bioburden testing of water and product; and viable/non-viable particles, moisture testing of compressed gases/air
- 2+ years of relevant experience and a High School diploma OR BS degree, or degree in related field
- Prior experience in biopharmaceutical or pharmaceutical industry
- Prior lab experience
- Basic Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs) on a daily basis.
- Basic Knowledge of general Microbiology techniques such as gram staining, aseptic technique, and plate streaking technique.
- Knowledge of USP and other regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of HPLC and UPLC systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- MODAL/LIMS proficiency.
- Technical training on environmental monitoring of facility and utility system.
Position is full-time, Third Shift, with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance ofFrederick, MD
are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This job has expired.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays