You're an autonomous, diplomatic leader who's motivated to provide comprehensive management of customer contracts and services. You've got strong communication skills and can collaborate with people from all walks of life. Customers and colleagues appreciate your ability to build strong relationships, and you understand the importance of great customer service. You take pride in making solid decisions, but you're not afraid to ask for help when needed.
You'll be responsible for managing environmental needs for your customer as well as providing guidance and direction for the management of waste generated on-site. In addition to customer needs, you will handle multiple company related items such as invoicing, reporting, and building long lasting relationships with vendors. You enjoy visiting multiple facilities to provide support as needed. (This position will be stationed out of Brownstown, MI two days a week and 3 days will be spent at other various Southeast Michigan facilities).
Day in the Life
After having your favorite morning beverage and while no day is the same you can expect to:
What you need to apply
- Communicate and follow up with customer requests in a timely matter
- Collaborate with customer to establish recycling, reduction, and reuse options for waste streams
- Provide accurate reports to customer and to your management team at USE
- Perform onsite service work including but not limited to characterization, sampling, shipping and manifesting
- By utilizing your resources, find alternate vendors and treatment methods for contracted waste streams
- Monitor sub-contractor services to ensure regulatory compliance
- Research strategies for lowering customer and vendor costs
- Cross train with other USE entities and become well versed in US Ecology services to allow for new growth opportunities for our customers.
- Conduct site-specific reviews to determine financial well-being
- Performs other, related duties as assigned. These are duties which may not be specifically listed in the class specification or position description, but which are within the general occupational series and responsibility level typically associated with the employee's class of work.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred, i.e. Environmental Science
- Project Management experience preferred
- Moderate computer skills (experience with Microsoft Office Suite)
- Experience with Resource Conservation Recovery Act (RCRA), Department of Transportation (DOT), and other applicable local, state, and federal regulatory bodies
- Ability to work independently with little hands-on supervision
- Ability to communicate through both written and oral medium
- Ability to pass pre-employment background checks and drug screenings
- CHMM Preferred or must be able to pass RCRA exam
US Ecology helps our customers keep the environment clean by doing the hard but rewarding work of safely disposing of hazardous and regulated waste. In short, we work to provide a sustainable future for our children and their grandchildren.For your hard work
- Tuition reimbursement after six months
- Mileage reimbursement for travel beyond normal work location
- Opportunity for professional growth
- Employer paid certifications and training
- Several medical plan options including a 100% employer paid option
- Paid Time Off
- Cash Recognition Programs
Find out more at www.usecology.com
US Ecology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
This job has expired.