About us: Since 1962, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast.
We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of operated crane services, rigging services, turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast.
As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane's ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR's financial strength and national presence.
Southern Industrial Constructors is seeking Equipment Riggers to work out of our Raleigh, NC office for projects in the Raleigh / Durham, NC area. Per diem is only given when working on a site over 60 miles from your home address.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.Working Conditions/Physical Effort:
- Select cables, ropes, pulleys, winches, blocks, and sheaves, according to weight and size of load to be moved.
- Attach pulley and blocks to fixed overhead structures, such as beams, ceilings, and gin pole booms with bolts and clamps.
- Attach load with grappling devices, such as loops, wires, and chains to crane hook.
- Give directions to Crane Operator engaged in hoisting and moving loads to ensure safety of workers and material handled, using hand signals, loudspeaker, or telephone.
- Set up, brace, and rig hoisting equipment, using hand tools and power wrenches.
- Splice rope and wire cables to make or repair slings and tackle.
- Coordinate the movement of equipment and materials according to visual signals and directions.
- Rate information, using standards that can be measured or checked.
- Detect, recognize, and respond to dangerous conditions or situations.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Significant travel may be required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Conditions include working in office, shop, busy traffic areas, warehouses, and undeveloped properties, with frequent exposure to dirt, dust, grease, oil, vibrations, and adverse weather conditions. Must be able to safely access all areas of property, buildings, structures, wharves, rooftops and other elevated positions, as well as, confined spaces. Must be able to effectively use all required PPE equipment and lift up to fifty pounds. Strenuous physical demands are required to safely perform the essential functions associated with this position. Must be able to safely operate all involved equipment and tools. Must be capable of standing for long periods of time, bending consistently, working in confined spaces with limited access, on ladders, in personnel lifts, in workboats, and working in awkward body positions.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledNotice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.
This job has expired.