College Board - BigFuture - Search and Enrollment Services
The BigFuture team is committed to supporting all students to make the right first step post high school. BigFuture reaches over 7M students each year and is the leading free resource for College, Scholarship, and Career Exploration. BigFuture allows students to demystify the college going process, unlock options to afford college, and explore careers that connect to their skills and interests. In addition to the student facing platform, the team manages a service that fosters rich interactions between students and the over 1,500 Higher Education institutions. These institutions look across the 25,000 high schools to round out their classes and reach a broad student population. BigFuture has a 57-person core team and collaborates deeply with other divisions including Sales, Marketing, Finance, Technology, Legal, and Strategic Higher Education.
About the Opportunity
As the Executive Director of College Board Search and Enrollment Services, you are energized by the opportunity to support and provide innovative solutions to Higher Education institutions that are looking to fulfill their recruitment and enrollment needs. Separately, you are equally as enthusiastic about the chance to help a wide and diverse set of students be seen by colleges, thus providing new access and opportunities to a wide set of students. You are someone that believes in the triple bottom line as you look to create mission, member, and margin value, the last of which enables the organization to reinvest in providing outstanding best in class services and solutions for Higher Education. You are a change agent and excited about the opportunity to develop new solutions in response to an ever-shifting education landscape. You are adept at leading a team, whether individuals that report to you directly or part of cross functional teams. You are an outstanding communicator; you use quantitative and qualitative inputs to make strategic decisions and you thrive on getting insights from students and your customers to inform your decision making.
In this role, you will:
Drive strategy for College Board Search and the execution of new enrollment programs and services (50%)
- Engage in development, planning, and futureproofing of College Board's enrollment solutions, including sunset of legacy platform, adoption of new programs and features, etc.
- In partnership with Senior VP of BigFuture and internal stakeholders, use deep understanding of competitive market to develop and launch new enrollment solutions
- Manage College Board Search P&L, including supporting ongoing quantitative analyses and business forecasting
- Drive productive use of established and new enrollment programs and services by Higher Education Institutions, Scholarship Organizations, and Education Organizations including:
- Lead go-to-market planning and execution in partnership with Product and Recruitment and Enrollment SolutionsTeam
- User group management in collaboration with Recruitment and Enrollment Solutions
- User feedback collection through feedback from customer service, direct user engagement, and surveys to help shape product roadmap
- Active engagement of member leaders through development of content and presentations for College Board member and leadership/member council gatherings
- Effective partnership with Learning and Assessment to measure outcomes of programs and services
- Establish and enforce policies for proper use of programs and services
Drive Student Search Service and new enrollment programs and services (30%)
- Drive participation in Student Search Service and new enrollment programs and services as central, collaborative, and coordinated goal
- Collaborate with key internal program stakeholders to:
- Identify opportunities to activate student engagement in Student Search, utilizing data driven approach and skilled communication tactics to influence executive leadership and business owners across the organization
- Support marketing strategies and tactics to drive student participation
- Track progress to goal to drive understanding of participation drivers and community-specific levels of student participation (e.g. by geographic area, by student characteristics, by engagement channels, etc.)
Team Management (20%)
- Manage team members to consistently deliver high-quality work products that lead to organizational impact
- Grow team member skillsets and abilities
- Ensure team members feel engaged and inspired by the work they are doing
- Analyze present and future/expected activities to ensure team is adequately trained, prepared, and sized
- Provide subject-matter expertise in the areas of student recruitment and enrollment management
About Our Culture
- 10+ years of experience in Higher Education and/or EdTech with a strong focus on driving enrollment solutions
- Deep understanding of the enrollment services landscape, trends, and market
- Strong experience leading and managing diverse teams
- Strong B2B product knowledge and experience in two-sided marketplaces
- Current or previous experience delivering product or selling software
- Experience partnering with and/or leading marketing and sales teams
- Prior P&L responsibilities
- Exceptional communication skills
- Data-driven mindset with strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
Our community matters, and we strive to practice and strengthen our culture daily. Here are some headlines:
- We are motivated to positively impact the educational and career trajectories of millions of students a year.
- We value learning and growth; we offer formal and informal ways to lead through your superpowers, sharpen your strengths, and meet your development goals.
- We prioritize building a diverse and inclusive team where every employee can thrive, and every voice is heard.