Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofins Test America is searching for a Field Analytical Technician I in University Park, IL.
Field Analytical Technician I responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Assisting with routine and non-routine sampling, monitoring, and data collection activities in support of environmental monitoring programs and client service requests
- Collects, documents, packages, and ships samples in accordance with appropriate project-specific sampling and analysis plans/protocols.
- Assists with routine and non-routine data collection activities for environmental monitoring programs, which may involve hazardous material/waste project sites.
- Assists with routine sample preparation and/or analyses, generally on site, in support of mobile laboratory operations or screening surveys.
- Completes documents and is responsible for quality control of all assignments.
- Follows and enforces company health and safety policies.
- Must be able to follow technical instructions and guidance.
• Reading maps and following directions
• Operating a motor vehicle
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
• Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of University Park, ILare encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays, paid days off, and dental and vision options.To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website
www.eurofinsus.comQualificationsBasic Minimum Qualifications:
• High school diploma or equivalent; Associates degree and/or background in sciences are preferred.
• A valid state issued driver's license to drive delivery vehicles is required as an employee with driving responsibilities.
• State and federal regulations regarding management of potentially hazardous waste facilities required
• Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorshipAdditional InformationEurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.