You are a decision maker who likes to be challenged and can always be counted on to exercise sound judgement. You enjoy working out in the field while not confined to a lab, and enjoy being able to drive a truck to transport material. You have a strong work ethic, are reliable and consider yourself a go-getter.
Field Chemists are responsible for the safe and compliant identification and segregation of customer wastes including sorting, packaging, labeling and manifesting. Field Chemists are also responsible for the transport of waste materials to the final disposal facility or transfer station. All activities are performed in compliance with Federal, State, and local environmental, health and safety and transportation related laws. There is occasional overnight travel with this position.
Day in the Life
What you need to apply
- Sort, package, label and manifest waste materials
- Profile wastes for proper disposal
- Transport, load and unload materials
- Answer customer inquiries and assist in the development of solutions to customer concerns
- Operate and maintain all equipment
- Operate in compliance with Federal, State and Local regulations as well as processes and procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Environmental Science or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Sound understanding of basic mathematics
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to wear appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to pass pre-employment background checks, physical and drug screening
- A valid driver's license with the ability to obtain a CDL with hazardous material and tanker endorsement
US Ecology helps our customers keep the environment clean by doing the hard but rewarding work of safely disposing of hazardous and regulated waste. In short, we work to provide a sustainable future for our children and their grandchildren. For your hard work
- Tuition reimbursement after six months
- Opportunity for professional growth
- Employer paid certifications and training
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Cash Recognition Programs
Find out more at www.usecology.com
US Ecology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
This job has expired.