Field Environmental Health Officer
The vision: Through Native Self-Determination and Culturally Relevant Health Systems, we strive to be the healthiest people.
At the Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) we administer a comprehensive healthcare system throughout 58 rural communities with a mission of Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health.
YKHC serves 58 federally-recognized Tribes and operates 41 Village Clinics. Our five larger communities are served by five Sub-Regional Clinics. All communities in our service area are served by the 55 bed regional hospital in Bethel.
For more information about our hospital or the region please visit
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation - We Strive to be the Healthiest People (www.ykhc.org)
With Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation in Bethel, Alaska, you'll serve the over 50 rural communities in the Yukon Delta Region who come to us for care. You'll grow your skills and expertise in a challenging environment, and experience a community environment within a community that will embrace you as one of their own.
Serving the people of Southwestern Alaska, the Yukon-Kuskokwim Hospital is a 50-bed general acute care medical facility. Fully accredited by JCAHO, services include adult med/surg, pediatrics, obstetrics, emergency room, as well as outpatient family medicine clinics, pharmacy, lab, and imaging.
To provide environmental health services to remote villages as assigned.
- Minimum qualifications are a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in environmental health or related field (sanitary science, industrial hygiene, occupational safety and health, or the equivalent).
- Professional registration as a Registered Sanitarian (RS) or Registered Environmental Health Specialist (REHS) through either the State of Alaska or the National Environmental Health Association; or post-employment licensure/registration within two year of starting date.
- Superior verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to use a computer for word processing, and to generate survey reports with little or no clerical support.
- The ability to schedule; plan; and organize resources, information, and time.
- The ability to understand basic mechanical systems.
- Ability to communicate in Yupik or Athbascan. (Desirable)
- Generous PTO - beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
YKHC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants who meet minimum requirements according to the provisions of P.L. 93-638.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
For more information, please contact YKHC Recruitment at: email@example.com Additional Information:
ID:14973Location:BethelDepartment:Office of Environmental Health and EngineeringEmployment Duration:70 Full timeTemporary Status:Not ApplicableHours per Week:40
Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Under P.L. 93-638, preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants.
For more information, please contact the YKHC Recruitment Department at YKHCRecruitment@YKHC.org or phone (907) 543-6060 and ask to speak with a recruiter.
To view more positions available please visit YKHC Career Center (https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu01/ats/careers/v2/jobSearch?org=YKHC&cws=41)
This job has expired.