Under minimal supervision, performs analysis on past financial performance to predict future performance and to advise the company on its financial strategy. This role partners with Cost Accountant, Supply Chain, Logistics, and Operational leaders to ensure activity is properly accounted for and appropriate controls are in place to ensure timely and accurate reporting across the financial statements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the Controller in leading all financial planning.
- Ability to work independently and in team environment.
- Analyzes business and financial data.
- Creates financial models based on analyses to support organizational decision making.
- Develops financial plans and reports for organizational leaders.
- Analyzes industry trends and makes recommendations based on those trends.
- Evaluates capital expenditures and depreciation.
- Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses.
- Develops automated reporting and forecasting tools for more efficient use of data.
- Performs scrap analysis.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Job Requirements Education and Experience Requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting and Auditing Principles (GAAP).
- Thorough understanding of methods of systems analysis and the principles, design, and procedural methods used in big data analysis.
- Demonstrated success working across all business functions including local and corporate levels.
- Thorough understanding of project management.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required.
- Two years of professional experience as an accountant, auditor, or computer programmer analyst OR valid CPA (Certified Public Accountant) certificate with at least one year of professional experience as an accountant, auditor, or computer programmer analyst.
- Demonstrated self-starter abilities.
- Previous experience with SAP and Cognos Wizard a plus.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.