Shambaugh & Son L.P., a wholly-owned indirect subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc., is a customer-driven, single-source, self-performing construction/engineering firm. We specialize in the Design-Build method of construction resulting in fast-track delivery of the project improvements to our customers. We are one of the largest specialty contractors in the U.S. and the only one with all eight M.E.P (Mechanical, Electrical, Process, Automation, Refrigeration, HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection) design and installation capabilities in-house. We perform more than $800 million of construction projects per year with over 2,700 employees throughout 50 states from our home office in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
You will be responsible for performing a wide variety of customer service/dispatching and administrative duties required to bill, receive, screen, record, prioritize, assign and close customer requests for technical support and inspections.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the scheduling, billing, dispatch of Inspectors, and service sales
- Price deficiencies based on results from technician's reports
- Including scheduling lifts and rental equipment needed for jobs
- Receive customer requests for service in a professional manner, obtaining needed information to dispatch the calls efficiently
- Enter service request information in the service system while customer is on the phone and provide reasonable estimated time of arrival (i.e. morning or afternoon)
- Utilize the automated schedule functionality and assign the service call to the optimal technician based on skills, territories, customer preferred technician (if applicable), availability of the technician, service contract response time criticality of the call and proximity to the customer
- Responsible for creation of the service request through service completion proactively escalating issues to the Technician Supervisor and Technician
- Reassign work as needed to manage customer's expectations, making judgements based on current workloads and priorities
- Validate technicians debrief information and perform invoicing transactions daily/weekly
- Follow the company endorsed business process and best practices for dispatch and make recommendations on dispatch system/process improvements
- Maintain document retention strategy for retaining hard and electronic copies of service acknowledgements, work orders, and inspection reports
- Always maintain confidentiality of customer and employer information
- Perform other duties as directed
This job has expired.
- This position requires a proficiency in computer usage above basic Microsoft Office & Windows Skills
- At least 1 year of scheduling or dispatching experience
- Dispatching or scheduling experience with Technicians, Project Managers, HVAC, etc. preferred
- Proven experience in multi-tasking and doing several difficult tasks at once - incoming calls, scheduling, internal personnel, emails, tracking down information, etc.
- Ability to proficiently use Microsoft Word, Excel PowerPoint, etc.
- Must be organized, self-motivated and a strong work ethic
- Professionalism in email and over the phone