This position must be capable of performing the majority of required vehicle maintenance and repairs on with minimal support from others. Works with the assistance of a Fleet Maintenance Technicians ("FMT") 3, Lead Fleet Maintenance Technician, Fleet Maintenance Supervisor or Fleet Manager, when performing highly technical or intricate diagnostic type repairs. Task assignments are directed by shop management to encourage experience and skills development. The FMT-2 technician works under minimal supervision of Management, exercising some judgment and discretion in resolving issues or making repairs.
Pay Rate: $26.13 to $30 per hour
Schedule: All shifts available
Sign on Bonus: $5,000
CDL not required. Refrigeration Experience is a plus, but not required - in house training is available.
Key roles include all technician tasks including, but not limited to the following:
- Interacts with drivers to properly determine root cause of complaint once assigned a task.
- Performs preventive maintenance, facility maintenance duties, utilizes key functions of shop management system and other electronic systems available, works in accordance with all federal/state and corporate compliance guidelines (i.e., safety, DOT), replaces defective components as instructed, other support duties as required.
- Diagnoses complex mechanical and electronic problems utilizing diagnostic computer when applicable, acts as mentor for FMT-1 technicians, completes complex and detailed mechanical inspections and repairs with minimal supervision, demonstrate the ability to access and use internal and external maintenance documents
- Maintain equipment to desired performance levels.
- Complete work orders in a timely manner maintaining high quality standards
- Keep management informed of safety, operator and equipment observations and concerns
- Perform prescribed Preventative Maintenance.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information.
- Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP's.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.
- Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience with mechanical repairs and diagnostics on heavy duty and medium duty equipment.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Mechanic Certifications and CDL-A preferred.
- Refrigeration license required.
- Must be able to stand, walk, kneel, bend, reach, crawl required for virtually the entire shift.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds and assist others when lifting is required. Manipulation of tools, equipment and truck component is required.
- Must be computer literate, and have experience with engine, ABS, transmission, etc. diagnostic equipment and software.
- Must be able to work in a dusty, greasy environment with moderate to high noise volume.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
An Equal Opportunity Employer
This job has expired.