McLean Hospital is a comprehensive psychiatric hospital committed to providing easy access to superior quality, cost-effective mental health services in the Boston area, Massachusetts and beyond. Since 1811, McLean Hospital has been a world leader in the treatment of mental illness and chemical dependency, research into the cause of mental illness and the training of generations of mental health care providers. McLean's multidisciplinary programs treat a broad range of psychiatric illnesses across the full continuum of care.
The Clinical Social Worker Associate is accountable/responsible for the day to day treatment, management, disposition, and aftercare plan for his/her assigned patients with particular attention to taking responsibility for the prudent use of clinical resources. The Clinical Social Worker Associate position requires flexibility and excellent interpersonal skills both with internal and external customers. Clinical Social Worker Associate positions also require some evening and/or weekend hours. All duties and responsibilities are performed under the supervision of an independently licensed mental health professional.
All McLean team members are expected to consistently demonstrate our values of integrity, compassion, respect, diversity, teamwork, excellence and innovation in their work activities and interactions.
Qualifications - External
- Education: MSW
- License; Attaining LCSW licensure is not required upon hire to perform the essential functions of this job, however, as a condition of continued employment, it is a requirement to receive LCSW licensure within 12 months of hire, or upon the one year anniversary of employment-along with the annual review. Failure to attain this licensure will result in termination of employment-failing to meet a condition of employment. - Exceptions may be made for extenuating circumstances preventing an employee from attaining licensure must be approved by the Director of Social Work.
- Experience in providing a range of clinical services including: assessment, treatment and discharge planning.
- Experience in a managed care environment and the capacity to work collaboratively with managed care organizations.
- Experience working collaboratively with multidisciplinary staff both within the Hospital and the community at large.
- All employees must possess basic computer skills to use a variety of electronic or online systems for communication, clinical and administrative purposes.
- Required to complete electronic medical records training, and demonstrate 80% accuracy on competency test within 30 days of hire.
It is the policy of McLean Hospital to affirmatively provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment and existing employees without regard to their race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or a condition related to pregnancy including, but not limited to, lactation or the need to express breast milk for a nursing child, or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable law or regulation.
This job has expired.