Tyson Foods was named as One of America's Most JUST Companies for a 5th year! This is a reflection of the work we do to support our team members and the customers, consumers, and the communities we serve.
We invest in our team members and their success by providing resources like BENEFITS ON DAY ONE OF EMPLOYMENT and FREE EDUCATION!
Benefits include: medical/Rx, dental, and vision coverage; 9 paid holidays; 1 week of paid vacation after 6 months, plus earned time off; 401(k) with employer match; stock purchase program; and product purchase program. We also offer CAREER GROWTH
and much more!
Whether you are seeking a job for right now or a career for forever - Tyson has what you are looking for! Tyson has a committed track record of promoting from within because we believe our Team Members can grow into the best leaders.
If you are looking to make an impact in a meaningful way, join us at Tyson Foods where we are raising the world's expectations for how much good food can do! We create quality products in a safe work environment.Waterloo KPR produces fully cooked, ready-to-eat products, and operates six days a week (Mon-Sat).
This job posting is for 2nd shift with a general work schedule of Monday through Friday and Saturdays as scheduled, 2:30 p.m. to approximately mid-night. The rate of pay is $20.10/hour, plus a shift premium of $.15/hour. Team members must be willing to work overtime and weekends, as needed. This job is eligible for overtime pay.
To be considered for employment, applicants must provide their social security number at the end of the application under National ID# (after seeing "Congratulations"). Job Responsibilities:
- Efficiently and safely sets up, operates, and tears down the grinder
- Inspects grinder for serviceability
- Verifies with Blender Control Operator to have correct plate for final cut
- Inspects to ensure all machine guards are in place correctly
- Works closely with the Blender Control Operator to verify when to perform a plate check and completes appropriate Plant.View application/paperwork accurately
- Monitors for foreign material and informs supervisor immediately if found
- Verifies only edible product is placed in edible vats
- Verifies all vats being used are cleaned and oiled
- Assists in covering vats as being readied for the WIP Cooler
- Performs washdowns, as needed
- All team members are responsible for safety, including but not limited to, personal safety and food safety
- Complies with all company and USDA policies/guidelines and reports known or suspected violations
- Attends monthly and annual required training (e.g., Safety, HACCP, HR topics, LOTO, PIT)
- Performs other duties, as assigned
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred
- Experience in food manufacturing preferred
- Forklift/Mule/PIT experience preferred (training and certification is provided). Required to become forklift certified within 30 days of starting position.
- Basic computer skills to navigate systems and perform data entry. Use of EIM Inventory Control and Plant.View preferred
- Experience with inventory control methods preferred
- Accountable to self and others
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness
- Ability to work professionally and respectfully with others while demonstrating positive interpersonal skills
- Ability to accurately perform math functions: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division
- Must be willing to work other jobs to meet staffing needs, as needed
- Must be willing to work weekends and overtime, as needed
- Ability to report to work as scheduled and work scheduled hours to meet job expectations
- Must have reliable transportation
- Ability to identify, act with a sense of urgency, and resolve problems/inconsistencies
- Ability to climb up and down stairs to get to/from work areas, and work at elevated levels of various heights
- Must be able to use both arms/hands and legs/feet to operate forklifts or electric pallet and hand jacks
- Ability to stand while working 8-12 hours a day with occasional walking, depending on work schedule
- Ability to work in an environment where extreme temperatures range seasonally from hot/warm (80-90°F) to cold (20-40°F), where conditions may be damp and/or wet, and concrete floors may be slippery in some areas
Relocation Assistance Eligible:
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 60 lbs. below waist, at waist level, and above shoulder level
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, stoop, twist, reach above, reach across, reach below, and perform repetitive motions - constantly
- Ability to flex/grip with wrists/hands and use tools (e.g., box knife, metal scraper)
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment (PPE), including hard hat, safety glasses, ear protection (plugs or muffs), hair net / beard guard, steel-toed boots, and gloves
- Performs additional responsibilities as assigned
2ND SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.