Location: Blairsville Hatchery, Blairsville, GA
Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and some Fridays including holidays
Hours: 4:45 a.m until job is complete. Typically these positions generally average 35 hours a week.
Work schedule is subject to change depending on production needs.
Starting Wage: $15.45
Plus, additional shift differential for evenings, nights and weekends.
Competitive benefits, including:
At Tyson Foods, the safety of our team members is our top priority. For that reason, successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their 45th day of employment. Successful applicants will need to show proof of at least 1 dose of a COVID-19 vaccine on or before their start date.Position Summary:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Critical illness, accident and hospital indemnity insurance
- Stock purchase plan
- Educational Assistance Program (including GED assistance, Citizenship assistance, ESL and tuition reimbursement)
- Referral incentives
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
Essential Duties and Responsibilties
- This position is responsible for the processing of all chickens including: grading ,vaccination, and toe trimming.
Biosecurity/Animal Welfare Requirements:
- Process chickens including: grade, vaccinate (operate robot), weigh chicks and perform toe trim. (70%)
- Operate box washer. (10%)
- Operate macerator. (10%)
- Operate a high pressure and regular water hose, maintains foot pans and hand sanitizers, make and cut vitamin gel, maintain a clean an organized work area. (10%)
- TSA: Must agree to submit to a Security Threat Assessment
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The jobsite is a biosecure environment which requires showering, changing clothing and footwear before entering the facility. Appropriate clothing and footwear is provided by the Company. No jewelry may be worn on the jobsite except for medical ID jewelry and body piercings covered by appropriate clothing. Must be willing to sign an agreement to not own and avoid any avian species (chickens, ducks, birds, etc.). Must be willing to sign and abide by the Company Biosecurity and Company Animal Welfare Guidelines.
- Physical: Must use safe lifting techniques. Must regularly push or pull chick boxes weighing up to 125 lbs. Must lift chick boxes weighing up to 30 lbs. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand majority of shift (concrete floor); walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; bend over; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
- Tools and Equipment; Proficient in operating the robot and toe trim machine.
- Environment: Required to work on wet, slippery surfaces and also in hot, dry, dusty, wet and cold environments.
- Personal Protective Equipment Required: Safety glasses, Safety goggles, face shield, chemical gloves, waterproof apron, and rubber boots are required when handling chemicals. Ear plugs and ear muffs will be used as needed.
- Chemicals Commonly Used: Formaldehyde is in use at the facility, disinfectant, lubricants and virocid.
- Safety: Team Member is expected to follow all applicable safety policies and procedures. These include but are not limited to Hazard Communication, Respiratory Protection, Lock out Tag out, and Personal Protective equipment. Team Member is expected to identify, address, and mitigate safety related risks
- Candidates must reside within the current recruitment area to include the following counties: Union, Rabun, Fanning , Townes, GA and Clay, Cherokee, NC
- Candidates with agricultural or production experience will be considered preferred.
- Candidate must have at least twelve consecutive months of work experience with the same employer and no additional gaps in employment greater than six months with the last 36 months.
**This position is slated for team members who are currently working at this facility or complex. Priority consideration will be provided to these applicants first. If local Team Members are not selected, Team Members from other locations or external applicants will then be reviewed for consideration.Relocation Assistance Eligible:
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.