Student Affairs & Inclusive Excellence (SAIE) is the central student affairs division of the University of Denver.
SAIE supports students in their holistic development through advocacy, collaboration, and education, and we strive to be full partners in students' learning experience. SAIE values student centricity; diversity, equity, and inclusion; collaboration; adaptability; and accountability. The Division's strategic priorities are:
- Enrich the holistic student experience
- Elevate & Embed diversity, equity & inclusion
- Engage purposeful partnerships
- Enhance staff development, learning & wellbeing
- Enact sustainable practices & operations
SAIE includes Housing and Residential Education; Student Engagement; Fraternity and Sorority Life; Health and Counseling Center; Inclusion & Equity Education; Disability Services Program; The Cultural Center; Access & Transitions; Learning Effectiveness Program; Veterans and Military Resources; Student Outreach and Support; Student Rights & Responsibilities; Budget, Operations, and Division Resources; New Student Programs; Parent & Family Engagement; and Community and Driscoll Commons.
The Housing and Residential Education staff at the University of Denver provides housing and support services for 2900+ students living within University housing. Housing and Residential Education strives for a community that supports academic achievement and success, personal growth and development, a respectful and inclusive environment which promotes diversity, promotes community service, and fosters leadership development and an engaged staff and student. Position Summary
Under the supervision of the Executive Director and Senior Associate Director of Residential Education, the Office Coordinator performs a variety of housing & administrative functions, such as providing administrative oversight, event planning, assistance with budget management, project management and support of hiring, training and management of student staff.
The Office Coordinator oversees the Housing and Residential Education main office and provides departmental administrative support by responding to telephone, email and in-person inquiries, maintains calendars, manages record time keeping for professional staff, assistance with budgets & reconciliation, schedules appointments, meetings, and room reservations. This role handles complaints, resolves issues, and maintains inventory of office supplies. The Office Coordinator plans, coordinates, and facilitates housing events, including but not limited to, staff participation and logistics for Move-in Days, Open Houses, Pioneer Days, Parent Weekend, and Hiring & Resource Fairs. This role will provide supervision and record time keeping for 2 Assistant Office Coordinators. The Office Coordinator also plans and facilitates training in the areas of housing processes, customer service, use of office equipment and software, and assists in managing the hiring process for office staff. Essential Functions
- Provides administrative support and oversight for the department, which includes but is not limited to; responding to telephone, email and in-person inquiries, managing calendars, scheduling appointments, meetings, and room reservations, purchasing & maintaining inventory of office supplies and proper functioning of office equipment, resolving a variety of issues and handles complaints, maintaining a high level of communication with other departments, colleagues or external sources, while providing a high level of customer service.
- Assists with budget management, including but not limited to, purchasing card tracking, receipt reconciliation, and assisting with developing hall budgets for supplies.
- Manages and record time keeping for all professional staff and maintain operational calendar and website updates for the department.
- Establishes priorities to ensure that all projects and assignments are completed timely with minimal supervision.
Housing Administration & Event Planning
- Manages departmental operational calendar and updates the departmental website related to dates and housing processes.
- Plans, coordinates, and facilitates housing events, including but not limited to, Admission Tours of residence halls, perspective overnight visits, staff gatherings, and HRE's participation in University events, such as, hiring fairs, Pioneer Days, and Parent Weekend.
- Coordinates and manages the departmental early arrival program in support of the Assistant Directors of Residential Operations.
Recruitment, Training, and Supervision
- Assists in executing hiring process for all office staff roles, and serves as primary support on payroll management. Provides shared supervision to office staff workers in the department, assigning tasks and monitoring progress.
- Plans and facilitates office staff training in the areas of housing processes, customer service, use of office equipment and software, and assists in managing the hiring process for student worker staff for the department.
- Coordinates interview logistics including maintaining staff calendars, scheduling candidates and professional staff members, managing room reservations, accommodations, parking permits, itineraries, meals, and expense reimbursements.
- Assists in coordinating logistics of on-boarding process for all HRE employees, including but not limited to, ordering business cards, name tags, planning & arranging welcome events, and scheduling training appointments.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of office staff for desk operations
- Collaborates and develops working relationships with key campus partners, including but not limited to: Information Technology, Department of Campus Safety, Student Rights and Responsibilities, Office of the Vice Chancellor, Office of Student Engagement, Fraternity and Sorority Life, Parent and Family Programs, Health and Counseling Center, Living &Learning Communities, and other University related services.
- Attend events and programs sponsored by the department and/or the Division of Student Affairs and Inclusive Excellence, including those that periodically occur on weekends and evenings
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills along with the ability to work with a diverse population of administrators, faculty, staff, students and external constituents.
- Ability to problem solve in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail, with a highly organized approach to data/project management.
- Understanding regarding central office operations.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, processes and needs based on limited information and to research solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with web-based data management and modern office practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated proficiency with standard office productivity software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Demonstrate desire and ability to synthesize complex information and research into clear, succinct, and actionable formats for a given issue.
- Demonstrate desire and capacity for critical thinking, problem-solving, and generating creative solutions in dynamic organizational settings.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Two (2) years of relevant administrative, project management, digital communications, or customer service experiences
- Evening office hours and occasional weekend commitments are expected
- Experience in an academic/higher education setting.
- Experience with customer service.
- Experience in supervising and managing an organizations front desk operations.
- Familiarity with housing software systems, such as, StarRez
- Familiarity with emerging digital tools and practices that support communication, organization, and productivity
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Application Deadline
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) August 11, 2022. Special Instructions
Candidates must apply online through www.jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.Salary Grade Number:
The salary grade for the position is 5.Hourly Range:
The hourly range for the position is $18.39-$21.45.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate's sex or any other protected status. Benefits:
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver. Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age (40 years and over in the employment context), religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veterans status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the university's educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For the university's complete Non-Discrimination Statement, please see non-discrimination-statement. All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.Advertised:
July 28, 2022 Applications close:
This job has expired.