Praxair Surface Technologies, Inc. (PST), a subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., a global industrial gas company, offers a comprehensive array of high-performance coatings and technologies to the aviation, energy and other industries. By continuously advancing coatings technologies, PST helps customers improve environmental performance, decrease energy consumption, extend component life, improve productivity, minimize downtime, reduce operating costs and produce high-quality products. Additional information about PST is available at
The Maintenance Technician will perform a wide variety of skilled mechanical and electrical duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and modify plant equipment in support of plant operations.
- Maintain a safe work environment by following policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment and systems
- Install, modify, and disassemble equipment and systems
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain equipment and systems as well as structural components within the facility
- Identify malfunction of equipment and systems
- Participate in reliability related incident investigations; prioritize action items, and follow-up on implementation
- Use a wide variety of hand, power, and machine tools to perform assignments
- Support production staff through effective and timely assistance and repairs
- Accomplish work orders to maintain safety, reduce downtime, improve quality production and improve plant efficiency
- Ensure equipment documentation is complete, accurate, and properly processed
- Maintain and update control documents (schematics, equipment documentation, etc.)
- Interface with contractors performing repairs to plant process equipment.
- Maintain a clean, orderly working environment
- Participate in quality, lean, and team development activities
- Communicate effectively and share information
- Coach operations associates in areas on mastery knowledge.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma/GED
- Mechanically inclined
- Required knowledge of skilled trades (welding, electrical, HVAC, etc.)
- Experience working with basic shop tools and hand tools
- Experience reading and understanding electrical schematics and mechanical blueprints
- Basic computer skills in all Microsoft Office tools and Outlook
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to self-manage (set and achieve goals)
- Available to work flexible schedules/shifts and overtime, including occasional weekends
- 5+ years Industrial Maintenance experience
- 2-year degree or technical certification
- Machine shop equipment and tools
- Industrial equipment maintenance
- Welding (any type)
- Industrial instrumentation and electrical aptitude
- PLC troubleshooting skills
PST is a supplier which abides by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As such, persons considered for this position must be either a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder) or otherwise classifiable as a U.S. person under relevant ITAR regulations.
We offer a comprehensive benefits program that supports our employees' and their families' wellbeing and provides the tools and resources our employees need to make well-informed decisions about their physical and financial future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Access to export controlled technology/technical data and/or items required to perform this Position are subject to the laws of the United States (including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations ("EAR"), 15 C.F.R. Parts 730-799, and/or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations ("ITAR"), 22 C.F.R. Part 120-130) and the company's export control procedures, pursuant to which the release of such technology/technical data and/or items to anyone other than a U.S. Person* may be considered an export to the person's home country and may require authorization from the U.S. Government. Thus, additional information in this regard may be required from applicants for this Position. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
*Pursuant to the EAR and the ITAR, a U.S. Person includes any individual who is granted U.S. citizenship, any individual who is granted U.S. permanent residence (i.e., a "green card" holder), or any individua
l who is granted political asylum or other protected status under applicable law.
This job has expired.