Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generatedtotal revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofins TestAmerica, Inc. is searching for an Inorganics Laboratory Supervisor in Burlington, VT.
The Inorganics Laboratory Supervisor provides technical and operational support to a specific laboratory area while participating in daily sample production.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to scheduling and prioritizing work tasks, training, problem solving, implementing new procedures and methods, analyzing samples, reviewing and validating data and completing reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates work projects with project managers to appropriately prioritize laboratory workload to meet client requirements.
- Manages in-house projects for an assigned department to ensure on-time delivery and turnaround times requirements are met.
- Release samples to laboratory personnel and communicates due dates and update turnaround times.
- Supervises Analysts to maximize productivity and ensure appropriate testing procedures in compliance with quality assurance and standard operating procedure requirements.
- Communicates department issues and provides status reports to next level of Lab Management and Project Managers.
- Assist Department Manager to evaluate individual performance in yearly performance review as well as providing feedback on an on-going basis to lab personnel.
- Responsible to ensure proper training all new analysts and develops staff on skills, equipment and procedures.
- Preparing department reports as assigned by laboratory management.
- Tracking department productivity.
- May perform department safety inspections to maintain EH&S requirements.
- May have input into hiring and firing decisions
- May stock and order supplies as needed.
- May dispose of samples according to EH&S requirements.
- May clean work area(s) to maintain a safe working environment.
- Assists other laboratory departments as needed.
- May prepares and analyzes samples for analysis based on method requirements.
- May reviews data produced in assigned department and authorizes its release.
- May operates and maintains sophisticated analysis instrumentation requiring advanced and specialized knowledge.
- Creates and updates department standard operating procedures.
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Burlington, VT are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays, paid time off, and dental and vision options.To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required.
BS/BA in Chemistry or related field
Minimum 3 years' experience in a laboratory setting.
Oversees the responsibilities of Analysts, Technicians, second shift supervisor (if applicable), temporary employees
Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorshipAdditional InformationEurofinsis a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.