Job ID: []
Cadillac Asphalt, a vertically integrated CRH Americas Materials Company, joint venture company, energetically drives to continually be a leader in our markets in quality construction materials and value added services by employing innovative techniques and customer-centric practices. We believe that our employees are the reason for our success and we focus on their development and advancement opportunities as well as attracting new talent to our organization. We encourage you to learn more by visiting www.cadillacasphalt.com or our parent company at www.crhamericas.com.
This position is responsible for the overall health of Cadillac Asphalt customers Inside sales and retail order desk. The position oversees the daily schedule and inside sales. Will working closely with the sales team.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing customer base.
- Manage low volume accounts
- Prospect from existing customer base
- Daily order taking and updating retail jobs on schedule.
- Managing schedule workload between retail and construction based on plant capacity.
- Materials quote to general public.
- Customer service:
- Assist full time sales and administrative.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to answer calls after hours and weekends when necessary.
- Printing tickets, basic paperwork maintaining and keep basic records.
- Ability to take detailed messages and effectively pass along information.
- Demonstrate ability to problem solve in a fast-paced work environment.
- Present root cause solutions for basic reoccurring issues to senior sales members and manager.
- Ability to learn asphalt terminology.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge and experience in the following.
- Computer Experience:
- MS Office Suite
- Understand Quickbase Software.
- Pointe of Sale JWS
- Experience in material sales preffered.
- Strong people and communication skills
- Proficient in mathematical skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements the customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Dealing with Ambiguity
- Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or the organization; provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information.
- Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
- Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be considered.
- Work will be performed in an office setting (90%) and outside of the office (10%). Physical requirements include sitting, standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, twisting.
- This position is a self-led position in which the individual will interact with customers, scales, sales, and other clerical positions in an office environment. Customer visits and working outside of the office will be required at times.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Cadillac Asphalt, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Sep 17, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Canton Nearest Secondary Market:
Detroit Job Segment:
Inside Sales, Telemarketing, Outside Sales, Clerical, Sales, Administrative