Blue Cross of Idaho is seeking an Internal Auditor to support and maintain the NAIC Model Audit Rule (MAR) requirements over internal controls and financial reporting (ICFR). This position will provide valuable process and control recommendations while partnering with business owners and will have visibility across the Company.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate an understanding of internal controls, the ability to work independently under limited direct supervision, apply professional judgment, and communicate clearly and concisely.
To be considered for this opportunity you have:
Experience: 2 years' auditing, SOX/MAR testing, compliance, or related financial accounting experience
Experience: 4 years' auditing, SOC/MAR testing, compliance, or related financial accounting experience
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business, Healthcare Administration, Computer Science, or related field; or equivalent work experience (Two years' relevant work experience is equivalent to one-year college)
Licenses/Certifications for Level III: must hold one of the following:
In this role, we will ask you to:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Participates and assists in conducting preliminary surveys, performs risk/fraud assessments, documents the results of the review, and prepares audit programs.
- Analyzes, designs, and executes audit programs to evaluate internal controls regarding effectiveness and efficiency of operations, reliability of financial reports, and compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Coordinates findings with auditees, prepares recommendations to strengthen internal controls, and prepares draft report.
- Performs follow-up procedures and inquiries on audit findings to ensure resolution.
- Performs test procedures and other assignments for the Model Audit Rule (MAR) process.
- Maintain current knowledge of technical and business systems.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
This job has expired.