At FHLB Des Moines, we work each day to develop an inclusive culture that supports and leverages the complexity of a diverse workforce. This enables us to effectively serve the needs of our members and help them succeed.
The Java Developer III will analyze business application requirements for functional areas and design, test and debug software applications. Additional responsibilities include system changes and enhancements, standard business tools technical support for operation improvements, documenting application specifications and training users. This individual will use software development best practices and ensure that uniform enterprise-wide application design and coding standards are followed.
- Develops and supports software applications and projects by responding to incidents, problems and service requests.
- Ensures that any solution development assigned is documented and communicated well to other members of the IT team.
- Manages administrative tasks related to the position of Application Developer.
- Manages departmental internal controls and regulatory issues.
- Mentors and supports junior developers in the design and construction of software solutions.
- Often called upon to provide leadership and mentorship on various application development initiatives.
- Proposes and directs changes to methodologies, procedures, and software development lifecycle to ensure continuous improvement.
- Works with business partners directly to ensure solution requirements and quality are addressed as soon as possible in the development cycle.
- Works with the business areas to gain a strong understanding of the product line you are assigned to support.
- Acts as the SME in numerous technologies and in overall applications knowledge and expertise by both IT and the applicable business area(s).
- 5+ years of Java development, including 2 years in a data-focused role (SQL, SSIS, SSRS, etc.)
- 2 years industry experience in banking or financial services preferred.
- Excellent skills in developing, using, and troubleshooting integrations between systems.
- Excellent skills in developing, using, and troubleshooting Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Excellent skills in SQL programming and troubleshooting.
- Experience with automated test, build and integration techniques.
- Experience with Java open source frameworks e.g., Subversion, Ant, Maven & Jenkins.
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design principles and patterns, application architecture and the software development lifecycle.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field (e.g. Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Science & Engineering, Information Technology & Management, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, etc.), or equivalent work experience.
Annual Salary: $110,000.00 - $120,000.00
This salary range represents the Bank's good faith and reasonable estimate of possible compensation at the time of hire. Offer to be determined by selected applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills & abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.This role is also eligible to participate in the Bank's annual incentive plan.
As part of our competitive Total Rewards package, the Bank offers 11 paid holidays, 5 weeks of PTO and a work culture that values work/life balance. Most roles are eligible for our hybrid work schedule of 3 days per week in office, 2 days per week work-from-home. We match 100% of the first 6% you contribute to your 401(k), and provide an additional 4% non-discretionary contribution to your 401(k) at the end of year. More information on our Total Rewards program can be found here.
At FHLB Des Moines, we celebrate diversity, work to create an inclusive culture and champion equity in all of our policies and practices. This enables us to effectively serve the needs of our members and help them succeed. FHLB Des Moines is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information (including family medical history), status as a parent or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.