For over 30 years, New Season Treatment Centers have been a leading national health care service provider of outpatient treatment centers that specialize in providing safe, quality and best in class care for individuals living with Opioid Use Disorder ("OUD").
Operating in over 70 treatment centers in multiple states, our team members are engaged in medication-assisted treatment, counseling, support, and care management of individuals living with OUD. We treat the whole person and, in so doing, address the underlying causes of OUD in an effort to provide a continuum of care that not only addresses treatment needs but supports the patient on their journey to recovery.
Assists with the processing of specimens for the diagnosis and treatment of substance use disorders. Ensures that all specimens have an order with an appropriate accession number and labeling reflects the correct patient ID and specimen accession, the date and time of collection, and the collector's initials are properly recorded on the specimen and that specimens arrive in appropriate containers and have been appropriately transported to ensure the validity of the specimen and findings.
- Ensures that all specimens have an order in the Laboratory Information System ("LIS") with appropriate accession number, and that labeling reflects proper patient identification, as well as the following: (i) accession of specimen, (ii) date and time of collection, (iii) proper recording of the collector's initials on the specimen, and (iv) specimens arriving in proper containers and transportation of such has been appropriate, i.e., proper temperature maintained.
- Receives specimens in LIS and processes them, including liquating into appropriate containers and facilitating specimens for testing personnel. Maintains temperature and humidity logs. Maintains proper storage and final disposition of specimens, as well as all records mandated by regulatory retention policies.
- Assists the company's revenue cycle function with matters pertaining to the billing for laboratory services.
- Maintains a clean working environment by properly disposing of stored specimens as per specimen retention policy, and ensures all work surfaces are clean and disinfected daily.
- Works with company's management and staff to coordinate the onboarding of the company's clinics to the company's clinical laboratory which shall include, but is not limited to, the preparation of supplies and materials required for the collection, transport and processing of specimens.
- Assists in the preparation of any job aids pertaining to the company's LIS.
- Provide ongoing guidance and support to the company's clinic personnel subsequent to onboarding, to include making on-site visits to the company's clinics, when necessary, to provide in-person instruction on the proper collecting, labeling, and shipping of specimens sent to the company's laboratory for processing.
- Communicates problems, workflow, opportunities for improvements, and other relevant issues to supervisor or others as appropriate.
- Maintains a safe and effective working environment by following policies and procedures for safety, hazardous materials and security.
- Is knowledgeable of personal protective equipment to protect from exposure to chemical, radiation, and/or biohazard.
- Works with the technicians, technologists, supervisor and or designees, including Technical and General Supervisor and or Lab Director (Medical Director) to ensure that timely, adequate and accurate testing procedures are provided to determine customer/patient's health care needs.
- Maintains confidentiality of customer/patient and employee information in verbal, written and electronic information.
- Is knowledgeable of LIS and Company EMR (Methasoft) Systems downtime procedures.
- Communicates with appropriate clinic personnel to resolve any specimen issues. Communicates to the respective lead tech or designee if issues arise
- Sorts, centrifuges and or aliquots specimens into proper containers to prepare for testing
- Is proficient in the use of the LIS, including clinic portal and company EMR system, Methasoft
- Assists clinics with order entry guiding staff in the use of the clinic portal.
- Provides general administrative support services to the company's laboratory, to include maintaining required records, restocking supplies, interacting, as necessary, with the laboratory's contracted vendors, and facilitating communication between the laboratory and the company's managers, clinicians, counselors and support center personnel.
Education/Licensure/Certification: A High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience.
Required Knowledge: It is the responsibility of each Laboratory personnel to adhere and operate within the guidelines and scope of practice as outlined by the Florida Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel, 64B3-13.000 and or authorized by the Lab Director (Medical Director). Successful completion of an Online Medical Terminology Program upon commencement of employment.
New Season provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
40New Season Laboratories