Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
ÂIn 2020, Eurofins generatedtotal revenues of EUR â‚ 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Laboratory Accessioner responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
The ideal candidate would possess
- Receives, identifies, and labels specimens as required for the requested laboratory test.
- Process samples as needed according to company SOPs.
- Accessions incoming specimens.
- Facilitates requested changes from clients or other staff personnel.
- Reviews, transcribes and enters patient demographics and specimen data into the laboratory information system.
- Recognizes specimen problems and refers to designated personnel for resolution.
- Answers client phone calls.
- Keeps area stocked with essential supplies.
- Prepare and send out specimen kits, media, and collection supplies.
- Package and ship biological substances (special training required).
- Monitor and post incoming emails regarding priority specimens.
- Monitor and f/u up incoming emails regarding problems
- Document non conforming events (quality events) in MedGIS on Test Order Entry
- Request Courier Services for stat and non-priority specimen; triaging appropriately
- Maintain and troubleshoot Zebra printer.
- Verify the completed requisitions are scanned into Smart Search; destroyed per HIPAA compliant guidelines.
- Maintains confidentiality of all laboratory information according to laboratory policy.
- Understands and complies with OSHA and University Safety and Infection Control procedures.
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in a clinical laboratory setting and data entry experience is preferred
- Excellent communication skills with written and spoken English
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
This position is full time working M-F 3pm to 11pm OR M-F 12pmto 8pm, with overtime and weekends, as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Tucker, GA are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our websitewww.eurofinsus.com.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.We are looking forward to receiving your application including your expected salary and possible start date via our career website.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.